Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  How to see when a report was created & who created it

Posted 03-13-2020 15:46
      |   view attached
    I am trying to see if I can find out when a report was created, & what user created it.  I know that information is found at the bottom of the page in the tables, but I can't figure it out for the reports.

------------------------------
    Laura Diak

Attachment(s)

docx
    Report Question.docx   173 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: How to see when a report was created & who created it

Posted 03-13-2020 17:51
    Edited by Austin K 03-13-2020 17:50
    If someone knows a better way than this I'm all ears because I don't like how this whole process is done. I split this text up weirdly like this because you can probably just use the Manage Reports feature that I describe in the middle there. You likely will not need to do the vlookup or any of that unless you have a lot of reports to sort through.

My usual use case for this is migrating fields to other types or similar changes and notifying personal report owners of exactly what has changed and what steps they need to take. What I do when I have a large list of reports that I need to find the owners of is copy the reportnames from the Usage tab of the field.

Then I go to the home page of the app > settings cog > App Management(under Advanced Features) > Manage Reports (under Manage App Contents).

I then change the Show dropdown to "All Personal Reports" and find the table I need. You can type the table name to filter if you need to but this also searches report names, it works though. Then copy all the data you see(I use a Chrome addon called Copytables that is wonderful for this) and do vlookup in Excel to match the report names to my previous list which will tell me who owns each report.

• 3.  RE: How to see when a report was created & who created it

Posted 03-13-2020 21:21
    Laura,

This is a feature I have been asking Quick Base for some time.  There is a User Voice item where you can weigh in and lend your weight to it.

https://quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quick-base-product-feedback/suggestions/4233019-logging-changes-to-reports

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH