Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Color Coding on Calendar App

Posted 05-15-2020 13:45
    I have a calendar report that color codes based on status, however I would like to modify it so that the report will "highlight" the jobs assigned to the current user by making them a slightly different color.  But my formula will only return the first set of colors no matter who is assigned the job.  Does anyone see an obvious error in my formula?
    If([Related Employee]=User(),
    Case([Bid/Estimate Status],"Started", "#1abc9c", "Submitted", "#a569bd", "Revised/re-quoted", "#85c1e9", "Bid Awarded", "#d65047", "#f4f2f5"),
    Case([Bid/Estimate Status],"Started", "#27a38a", "Submitted", "#8b4da3", "Revised/Re-quoted", "#739eba", "Bid Awarded", "#f5a4d7", "#f4f2f5"))

------------------------------
    Thanks, Brianne Jacobsen

• 2.  RE: Color Coding on Calendar App

Posted 05-15-2020 15:11
    The field for [Related Employee] is likely the Record ID of the Employee record. Is that the problem?

Maybe  you need to lookup the userid of the employee to compare to the current User.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Color Coding on Calendar App

Posted 05-15-2020 15:38
    Turns out I had the wrong field.  I inherited the app from someone else and there were several similarly named fields that I was confusing. 
    Think two fields that are named: Related Employees & RelatedEmployees

I really need to take the time to clean some of this up.  Thanks for the idea though.

Brianne Jacobsen