Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Help Using a Report Formula for a Line Graph

Posted 09-13-2021 14:48

Hello,

I want to visualize some data but am not entirely sure it's possible.

I currently have a multi-select text field in a table. I want to create a line graph showing the number of times per day each of those multi-select text options is selected.

So the x axis would be "date", the y axis is "# of times selected", and the graph has many series - each series being one of the individual multi-select text options.

I've been toying with report formulas and have figured out how to pull out one of the selections per formula. And the series references the report formula. I could make a report formula for each selection but still am only able to select the one series, so am not sure how to get the graph to display them.

Is there a way to have a formula that counts the number of times each of the multi-select options is selected?

Thanks for any help!

------------------------------
    Harrison Ray

• 2.  RE: Help Using a Report Formula for a Line Graph

Posted 09-13-2021 15:11
    For more context, I have 1000's of entree. Each entry contains many fields, including date and include a multi-select text field.

So each entree has a bunch of data, a date, and these multi-select selections:
    Entree 1 = multi-select "A", multi-select "B"
    Entree 2 = multi-select "A", multi-select "C", multi=select "D"
    Entree 3 = C
    Entree 4 = D,B,A
    Entree 5 = F,A,C
    Etc.
    1000's of entrees with unique combinations of multi-select "selections"

I want a line graph that shows date on the x axis and the number of times each "selection" had been chosen each day.

Thanks again!

Harrison Ray

• 3.  RE: Help Using a Report Formula for a Line Graph

Posted 09-13-2021 15:43
    See this thread here for what would be involved.
    https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=103&MID=34351&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com