Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

permissions/access to group specific information

• 1.  permissions/access to group specific information

Posted 11 days ago

I have 20 or more users that may or may not be part of the same dealer. I am trying to make sure salesman for particular dealers only see that dealers quotes. 
    in my dealers table I have users,  and company name. 
    I am unsure of how to go to the participant role and make a rule that says if a quote shows company name x , then allow users 1, 2, and 3 to see those quotes but nobody else. 
    I thought about making different rolls and just naming them the dealers name and creating permission levels that says if Dealer name shows "x" then they can see it. But there is an easier way to do this than I know of right now im sure. 

------------------------------
    Mike Klausing

• 2.  RE: permissions/access to group specific information

Posted 11 days ago
    I think that this recent thread should answer your question.

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=f8516f7f-0b32-4ab3-9502-4647638c855e&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer#bmf8516f7f-0b32-4ab3-9502-4647638c855e

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: permissions/access to group specific information

Posted 11 days ago
    Mark, 

Luckily I have most of this completed already where I have a dealers (users) table and the key field is the user. 
    My field Im using to associate them is "dealer name" which would be like a branch name. 
    On my quotes table I do have a formula user field that shows the current user (user()) and it is looking up "dealer name" in this case User Klausing, Mike and Dealer name "ESC" is showing on my quotes table. 

From here I am not able to get the report filter to come out like I expected. 
    I can put Dealer name is equal to...but I don't understand the field it should be equal to. 
    I need users like myself, and a few others to see Dealer name Elgin service centers quotes in the example below. 

Here is my users table: 

• 4.  RE: permissions/access to group specific information

Posted 11 days ago
    The filter for a report would be where

[Dealer name] is equal to the value in the field [Current User- Dealer name lookup].

If you want this to be a hard Permission setting, then you will need to make a checkbox field to calculate if that is true and then hook a Permission custom rule on that field being checked.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: permissions/access to group specific information

Posted 11 days ago
    Thank you, that seems to work perfectly for me and it definitely helps me “maintain my current level of sanity”

Much appreciated.