Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  New Dashboard Bug, any work arounds?

Posted 01-17-2022 16:37

I haven't heard back from customer service, but from my testing I am confident that there is the following bug with new dashboards.

When using a chart that includes a summary formula as one of the values you display (Gross Margin % for example), the new dashboards will NOT display this chart.

I can't think of any workaround, besides going old school and making summary tables (which I want to avoid of course at this point). Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but if you have, please create a ticket so that perhaps it gets on their radar.

Also, another interesting bug is if you make a chart using summary formulas, you cannot change the color of the bar/line/pie slice. For example, if I make a line chart with Gross Margin % as the line, and that value is derived from summary formulas, that line will only be available in the default blue color. If you change the color it always reverts back to the default color.

If someone has a work around or can confirm these bugs, please let me know!

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: New Dashboard Bug, any work arounds?

Posted 01-18-2022 12:59
    Hi Mike,

I'm experiencing the same kinds of bugs in the new dashboard. 

Pie charts do not update when you change the filter.

Also, the new dashboards do not 'remember' what they were set to,  requiring the users to keep resetting the filters anytime the page reloads.  

I do have an open ticket about this, so hopefully they fix these issues soon.   I'm trying to get my users excited about these new dashboards, but they're becoming more work for them than the old ones.

Jeff Peterson

• 3.  RE: New Dashboard Bug, any work arounds?

Posted 01-18-2022 15:55
    Bummer. Hopefully they put some more work into the Dashboards. I am on the same page as you - so close to being awesome but the majority of the times the bugs and slow load time make them more trouble than they are worth.

Im still waiting for anyone to respond to my ticket. I am wondering if Omicron has caused a staff shortage because they are usually really on top of support tickets, but this time I've had no contact for a bit.

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: New Dashboard Bug, any work arounds?

Posted 01-18-2022 16:13
    Edited by Jeff Peterson 01-18-2022 16:15
    I am also waiting for a response to my ticket which I opened last week.

I have created a nice-looking dashboard for our company and switched everyone over to it (they end up there when they click the home button).   

Now I'm getting some pushback because a lot of things just aren't working the way everyone expects them to.    

-Filters don't work correctly
    -Dashboard can't 'remember' filter settings
    -Everything opens in a new tab/popup (instead of current tab, because this option doesn't exist),  which would be fine, except the dashboards are not 'LIVE' and so to update the widgets you need to refresh, which resets the filters :(
    -Several charts don't update with the filters as they should
    -Dashboard loads slowly, which makes all of these things even more painful to end users.

Jeff Peterson

• 5.  RE: New Dashboard Bug, any work arounds?

Posted 02-09-2022 21:03
    Edited by Bob Thomas 02-09-2022 21:07
    Mike, I'm trying to follow all the 'new' dashboard posts, because being new to QB myself, I'm supposed to come up with user friendly innovations to the dozen employees that use the cloud based service and I look at their pages, (no one has used the dashboards) and I think it redundant to do anything with pages when the new dashboards are so much more IDEish to me, or rather a bit GUI.

Bob T.