Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  create a bank of standard content that can be customised

Posted 10-11-2019 05:36
    We have 50+ template letters. We have created a table called "Standard Replies" which contains the Name of the reply, keywords, date drafted, date approved etc. 

Replies will be used as a Correspondence Item which is a child table to Cases. 

When replying, I want people to be able to search for a relevant reply by title and then have QB pull through the content into an editable field. 
    The reply would then be sent by email or by letter (we may used the Exact Forms plus for this bit)

We currently have an automation to paste the "standard reply content" into a content field in the "Correspondence Item" but we have to select it, save and close, the hit edit - I just wonder if there is a better way to do this in terms of workflow. 

are there any exchange apps or suggestions of solutions that will enable us to pick some content from another table (can be up to 700 words) which we then edit and maintain. Is the automation the best way to do this?

Owen

------------------------------
    Owen Morgan

• 2.  RE: create a bank of standard content that can be customised

Posted 10-11-2019 05:46
    I suggest trying the old-fashioned method. Form Rules. The user will select the standard template words from the drop-down list of titles.

Then have a form rule such as when the editable field is blank and the Related Template is not blank, change the value of the editable field to the value of the lookup.  Set the rule to fire all the time (uncheck the checkbox)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: create a bank of standard content that can be customised

Posted 10-22-2019 16:09
    Hi Owen - SmartEmailReminder for Quick Base might solve your problem.  Have a look here: http://www.softtechexperts.com/smartemailreminder.html.  Contact me directly for more info on how this could work.  Thanks.

Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316