Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Summary Reports

Posted 02-27-2020 11:06

I'm trying to create a Summary report where I need two formulas.  See below:

The four fields are Pool Dollars, PWO Pool Dollars, Non-Pool Dollars, and PWO Non-Pool Dollars

On this report I'd like to see to Total columns:

Total Pool Dollars, and Total Non-Pool Dollars.

In this report I'm adding Pool Dollars and PWO Pool Dollars to get the total for "Total Pool Dollars". The "Total Non-Pool Dollars" value is the sum of Non-Pool Dollars and PWO Non-Pool Dollars.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help,

------------------------------
    Terri Wells

• 2.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-27-2020 11:35
    Edited by Austin K 02-27-2020 11:35
    It sounds like a report formula would meet your requirements.

Create report formulas, probably type Numeric-Currency I would imagine, but might need to be just numeric. The formula would contain this:

Formula Name: Total Non-Pool Dollars
    Formula: [Non-Pool Dollars]+[PWO Non-Pool Dollars]

Then in the summarize data section find your newly created field, it will be at the bottom of the list, and summarize it however you want. Rinse and repeat for your other fields. Does this solve your issue?

If you see a need to use those fields again in other reports then making these into actual fields on the table would make sense. Then you would use them in the same way in multiple reports.

• 3.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-27-2020 11:59
    In the end I need to end up with two columns:

Total Pool Dollars           Total Non-Pool Dollars

I created a formula for each, but in the Summarize Data section, it only allows you to pick one field.  How do I get both fields displayed?

Terri Wells

• 4.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-27-2020 12:58
    No problem. You just need to click the plus sign on the right hand side in the Summarize Data section. Click the image below to expand it.

• 5.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-28-2020 06:50
    I'm now able to get both fields to display, but there must be something wrong with my formulas.  It's only showing the value from the first field in each formula.  The two formula are below:

[Pool Dollars] + [PWO Pool Dollars]   The total I'm expecting to see is $119,000.00 which is the total of the two field, but the total I'm getting is $24,000.00, which is the total of the first field.
    [Non-Pool Dollars]+[PWO Non-Pool Dollars]  I'm getting the same results, only calculating the first field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terri Wells

• 6.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-28-2020 09:15
    Are your [Pool Dollars],  [PWO Pool Dollars], [Non-Pool Dollars], and [PWO Non-Pool Dollars] fields all simple numeric fields or are they formula numeric fields?

Adam Keever

• 7.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-28-2020 11:22

The fields are currency type field, with 2 decimal places.  They are not formula numeric fields.

• 8.  RE: Summary Reports

Posted 02-28-2020 12:10
    Edited by Adam Keever 02-28-2020 12:25
    Your formulas and logic work on my end:

Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing (the report and also the records) and your formulas?

Adam Keever