Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Allow Rich Test HTML in the Report Break Headings

Posted 05-14-2021 18:46
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 05-14-2021 18:47
    I entered this User Voice, in the event that others are willing to  vote for it.

Allow HTML Links in in Report "Group by" Headings on the New Table Reports

Old table reports allowed a convenient trick which was to make a rich text formula field which would allow navigation by clicking on the report grouping. Typically I would contrive a report to have a single "Group By" that allow in for a convenient navigation path appropriate to that report.

The alternative of course is to provide a formula URL or Rich Text field as a column on the report but of course that means it will get repeated needlessly all the way down the report.

However, the new table report style does not recognize these existing rich text buttons. When you click them, the section collapses and the button does not fire.

The ask here is to give us our old functionality back.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Allow Rich Test HTML in the Report Break Headings

Posted 05-17-2021 09:32
    Can you show off how this works?  I've never even thought of trying to do something like it, but it sounds like it would be really useful.

Brad Lemke

• 3.  RE: Allow Rich Test HTML in the Report Break Headings

Posted 05-17-2021 10:04
    The Product Manager for the New Table Report responded to the User Voice saying that the request was "Declined".  They feel it would lead to use confusion as currently when you click near that area, the report collapses, and they don't want to muddy that feature.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com