Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  mutiple forms in a table

Posted 03-17-2020 14:32
    If you have multiple forms in a table, are you creating  new forms for everyone that exists in the table every time you create a new record? I am trying to reverse-engineer an app and it uses a separate signature form for a data entry form we use when we start our shift. Is the signature form simply an essentially separate part of the form we are filling out? So each form is essentially just a different way of presenting the fields that exist within a table?

------------------------------
    Dante Tognoli

• 2.  RE: mutiple forms in a table

Posted 03-17-2020 14:37
    Hi Dante,

If you go into your table settings there will be a section for Forms that will show you a list of all the forms your table has and then also if specific roles or specific reports you have in your app make use of that form under different circumstances. For example your sales reps might have one role with one form while your app admins see a different form. Then you can have buttons in the app that will take you to a specific form as well, knowing which forms are on the table can help you figure out which is in use when you see something different. 

Forms are basically just used as a way to collect a list of fields from the table visually for data entry. So if you have two forms they could give you a different view of the same record depending on which fields you have and what order you put them in but there is still one master list of fields for that table that goes across all records.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: mutiple forms in a table

Posted 03-17-2020 15:27
    That's what I was wondering. I can see all the forms but wasn't sure how the fields were populating across them. That explains it perfectly, Thanks!

Dante Tognoli