Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Rich text duration field

Posted 08-01-2021 07:54
    Hello,

I am attempting to create a rich text field that will change the color of the field if the field is a negative or positive number.  The field I am attempting to do this on is called [YTD Change-Incoming to Answer].  That field is a duration field that displays the number of seconds between last years incoming to answer and this years incoming to answer.  If the number is a positive number, I want the field background to be red, as it is a negative change.  This is the formula I have but it won't let me use < or > since the field is a duration field.  Any ideas?

If([YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] > "0" , "<div style=\"background-color:red;\"> Urgent</div>", [YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] )

------------------------------
    Courtneah Thomas

• 2.  RE: Rich text duration field

Posted 08-01-2021 09:14
    Try this 

If([YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] > Days(0) , "<div style=\"background-color:red;\"> Urgent</div>", [YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] )

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Rich text duration field

Posted 08-01-2021 09:21
    Hi Mark!!!

It's giving me the error "expecting text but found duration" on the last [YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] in the formula. 

Courtneah Thomas

• 4.  RE: Rich text duration field

Posted 08-01-2021 09:30
    Try this

If([YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] > Days(0) , "<div style=\"background-color:red;\"> Urgent</div>", ToText([YTD Change-Incoming to Answer] ))

im not really sure which unit of measure it will show, but see what that does.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Rich text duration field

Posted 08-01-2021 09:43
    Once again, Mark to the rescue!

Courtneah Thomas