Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 06-29-2021 17:25
    Edited by Michael Tamoush 06-29-2021 18:16
    Does this not work on mobile?

I don't believe it does, but looking for confirmation.

Update: My new theory is that &NextURL does not do anything on mobile. Ill check with customer support, but if anyone has info let me know.

Customer support got back to me. &NextURL does NOT work on mobile. Well, that's a bummer...any bright ideas for a work around?

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 06-29-2021 19:05
    Through testing, I don't think & "&z=" & Rurl() works on mobile either. Is there no way to direct to any place, other than landing on whichever record you are editing, in mobile?

Mike Tamoush

• 3.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-13-2021 15:53
    I too am interested in this issue.  Any solutions yet?

Robert Rufli

• 4.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-13-2021 16:37
    I have not found any work around, and QB constantly reminds me that they are not working on advancing their mobile platform any time soon. They aren't even planning on fixing mobile bugs.

It's a shame because they sold me on their mobile platform, and have essentially abandoned it.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-16-2021 08:22
    Mike,

Have you tried a Code Page solution in mobile?

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 6.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-16-2021 10:14
    No I haven't, but I do not really know how to make code pages. The only way I can use code pages is by copying/pasting and following specific instructions :)

Mike Tamoush

• 7.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-16-2021 10:55
    If all you can do with code is Google problems and copy and paste code from others then you are at least halfway to being a developer lol.

If all you are wanting to do is redirect a user a code page should not need to be that complicated but I guess it depends exactly what you are doing.

Can you describe exactly what you are wanting to do?

• 8.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-16-2021 11:52
    It's more of a general use case, vs specific.

On desktop, when making a formula URL or Rich Text button, you can use &rdr or $NextUrl to redirect users after an API call.

On mobile, these do not work. So for example, if you want someone to edit a record or something, you cannot redirect them anywhere, it will simply land on the record, in mobile.

The goal is to be able to redirect to a particular page on mobile.

Mike Tamoush

• 9.  RE: "?a=doredirect&z=" & Rurl())

Posted 07-16-2021 12:37
    You can check in this app and see if anything may work for mobile. https://resources.quickbase.com/db/bq8kmgrcq/

There are some dependencies with some of the options given there, like having "Auto save when redirected away from the page" checked and I'm unsure if those work with mobile or not.

What you can do with a code page is have the user click the button and the record would save and then the code page could do the API call and then send the user to the page of your choice. That is similar to the use case described in Page ID 5, except you don't want a prompt.