Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to filter a summarized and logged text field

Posted 10-29-2020 15:51
    I have a notes field that is logged and summarized as a combined text field. I am looking that back down to a report and only want to show notes logged during the current week. Currently, I have that field set to Date Modified is during current week but it is still picking up notes from previous weeks.

Any thoughts.

------------------------------
    Joey Zint

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to filter a summarized and logged text field

Posted 10-29-2020 16:46
    I believe the only way to accomplish this would be to have your notes setup as a Child table, rather than a single logged field. You can then Summarize into a Combined Text for both ALL child records and then a 2nd one that could be filtered on [Date Created]

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to filter a summarized and logged text field

Posted 10-29-2020 17:23

So want to expand on this as I left something out.

I have a task table with a logged notes field for each task. I would want the notes to be summarized in the report and only show notes added for the current week. With that being said, notes could be added to different tasks on different days of the week, but I want to see all of the notes summarized to the current week. I have some ideas but am thinking along the same line that I will have to set up a table that says tasks have many notes.

Thoughts?

Joey Zint