Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Just came here to say this

• 1.  Just came here to say this

Posted 11 days ago
    Quickbase Support is horrible!

I submit a support case and then am forced to go through this process where they ask me to do all these steps to confirm it really is a problem.
    I am trying really hard to be patient but after a while I start feeling like I am wasting my time, especially when I start having to answer the same questions, or I respond and the support rep doesn't appear to have read my response. It feels like the goal of QB Support is to make the User so frustrated they eventually give up. The only reason I don't give up is because I am paying for this service and its just horrible.

Really Quickbase where is your pride in service?

------------------------------
    Jim Harrison

• 2.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 11 days ago
    FWIW, my experience with support is 99% positive.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 10 days ago
    I've also had really great customer service from them. 

Do you want to add the issue you're having to this forum or thread so that, perhaps, the collective genius of the community can assist you?

Niraj Shah

• 4.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Jim Harrison 10 days ago
    Hi Niraj,

It may be important to point out that I research problems before pointing them out. This isn't about a formula field or the odd way the "or" filters work in reports it's about systemic problems.

That being said, not certain if you can do anything but maybe you can try it from your end and see if you get the same experience. I cannot upload a video to the QB Support website. When I attach a video 9MB in this case to the attach field in the QB Support page it takes me to a QB internal error screen.

The other is how new users are added via SCIM. We use Okta. This is the experience when not using Okta, a User is added to QB using the User table in an App, there is an option to email the User with a link to the App. The User receives the email and clicks the link and it registers them in the App. The App appears on their My Apps page. That all works. In contrast this is the experience when a User is added to QB via Okta,SCIM,IDM there is no email option. The User is not aware they have access to the App. The App does not appear on their My Apps page. To work around this problem we are generating emails for each user with a list of App links. There is no way to automate this with the current QB system. This is a problem.

Those are my two current problems. But here is the overall 3 years into this experience consistent throughout time and why I wrote this post.

With Quickbase Support, I submit a ticket and someone responds with a solution. Most of the time this works and I'm a satisfied customer. When the problem is with underlying QB functionality the responses go into this loop where they don't ever say "hang on, let me look into this further before I waste a bunch of your time (except Maria Peralta she rocks!)" instead it's try this, try this, try this and "oh sorry I was gone the last three days and didn't tell you and no one else is watching" or just silence. After a while it gets really frustrating because I have my own job to do and I really want this product to be successful to the point I am willing to put in this much effort. In the end these are the support tickets that usually end up with them finally saying "you can post that to User Voice". And then nothing happens. Hence my frustration.

Thanks for listening

Jim

Jim Harrison

• 5.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 10 days ago
    Regarding the video issue, I would strongly recommend uploading that to the cloud and just sharing a link to the video with the Care rep. The file attachment in the system is pretty much the same as a file attachment in Quick Base and can often fail if the size is larger, if your data stream has a hiccup, or any of a number of other reasons.

On the User issue, there is an API call you can use to generate those Application Invitations. If you're using the standard API, the call is API_SendInvitation. 

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 6.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 9 days ago
    Blake,

I appreciate that, but then there shouldn't be an attachment button from a UI perspective, you know what I mean?

I will look into the API because QB has no idea there is an API, I mean I asked them and they were all nopes,. But I don't think the API will work because the SCIM conversation happens between Okta and QB and I am not exposed to that data stream. How do I get the POST? Am I writing an API connector coming from Okta? How do I know when a new User is added? I guess that means a node in between Okta and QB and that isn't happening. I don't have access to Okta dev, which is a limit. I suppose I can poll QB on a schedule and do a compare. I mean that's already what we're doing to get the User Role data into a table to show the User Roles. I can tell you from watching that process Quickbase does not like being pollled per User one App at a time and we only have <400 Users and <20 Apps - that's not a scalable problem.

I appreciate your thoughts and look forward to more.

Regards,
    Jim

Jim Harrison

• 7.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 9 days ago
    Jim I feel very similarly so you are not alone. Support is probably awesome for most people that don't research their problems at all and just bring them up to support. For me I spend a lot of time figuring out the issue and even having a set of "foolproof" steps to take to reproduce the issues I bring up. Their responses are almost 100% "well I need to get into your app to reproduce this thing that you are saying works on every realm you try it on", things like that. I test things on multiple realms before submitting the bugs in most cases, I know it can be reproduced. I stopped even contacting support at this point and just deal with it.

I used to contact them simply to give a heads up of major bugs I find again with easy reproduceable steps but it never went anywhere at all. This is what I really want to use support for so that is probably part of the issue. I wish there was a good place to report bugs you find but even support will tell you that doesn't exist. They were not receptive to anything I gave them whatsoever so I quit doing it and just let the bugs happen as I find them.

• 8.  RE: Just came here to say this

Posted 9 days ago

Plus Delta, Opportunity, Improve, Serenity.

lol
    Indomitable Spirit.

Happy Friday.

Jim Harrison