Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Formula help

• 1.  Formula help

Posted 16 days ago
    I just joined this company that uses QuickBase as their main ticketing program so I'm still a little new to this. I'm currently tasked with creating a automation for the Onboarding and offboarding process. Currently, I have an automation set up that opens numerous task tickets that get assigned to various people and then inserts all of them into one "Onboarding" ticket. I currently have a small summary of the tasks in the Onboarding ticket but I want to have the "% Complete" field from the task displayed on the Onboarding ticket. I'm currently attempting to use a formula to do an API call to grab that number. It doesn't seem like that is the solution I am looking for though.

If anyone has any input that could point me in the right direction that would be great!

------------------------------
    Tony Sugent

• 2.  RE: Formula help

Posted 16 days ago
    If you are trying  an API you must have a programming background.   :)

Can you clarify with an example what you are trying to do? Is it a situation where one on boarding ticket has 10 tasks, and if 3 of them are completed you want to show 30% completed on the main parent on boarding ticket?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Formula help

Posted 16 days ago
    Yep! I'm the DevOps Engineer here. The API call just shows as a URL though haha. 

Nope, it would be a 1 to 1. Although that is a good idea to have an overarching percentage as well.

Basically the Onboarding ticket is just a list of open task tickets related to that specific employee and I would like to just have the Complete % (a field that is manually filled in in the task ticket) displayed next to the tasks entry in the Onboarding ticket. I can post some screenshots here shortly if that was a poor explanation.

Tony Sugent

• 4.  RE: Formula help

Posted 16 days ago
    yes, in this case a screen shot would help and also I'm confused if there is a Quick Base relationship between the Onboarding tickets table and the tasks table.  From you question it sounds like the relationship is that One Onboarding Ticket has many Tasks.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Formula help

Posted 13 days ago
    Mark,

The attached screenshots demonstrate where were are trying to get the percent complete from (TT#6998) and the onboarding ticket that we are trying to get the percent to. So far all the information in the onboarding ticket is put in their through an automation with the exception of the complete field. I hope this helps.

The tick that we want to grab the completed % from
    the ticket that we are trying to get the percentage into.

Tony Sugent

• 6.  RE: Formula help

Posted 13 days ago
    Still very confused. Do you have a relationship between the on boarding tickets table and the task table and if so which one of them is the One and which is the Many in the relationship.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Formula help

Posted 12 days ago
    I would suggest using a summary field (combined text or something else in that category that fits your needs) or use an automation in the same way you do with the other information. I don't think you are going to be able to get data in the form of an API URL to show up in a field. If you wanted a non native way to shoot that info up to the parent you might need a code page or some AJAX call to initially grab that information.

Jordan McAlister