Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  CHECHBOX VS BUTTON

Posted 12-15-2020 14:57
    I a previous email, I asked for support for using the checkbox feature for triggering email notifications.  I wanted the checkbox to automatically uncheck itself after the email was issued.  I was informed that the Automation feature could accomplish that feature.  I had unsuccessfully tried to program the Automation feature to do what I wanted it to do.

It was then suggested to me to try a button field (vs a checkbox) to auto issue an email notification.  Is there such a feature in QB as a trigger button?  If so, please give me specific instructions on how to trigger the auto emails, either via the button or checkbox.

I thank you in advance.

Bruce

------------------------------
    Bruce Kasen

• 2.  RE: CHECHBOX VS BUTTON

Posted 12-15-2020 15:32
    See my response in this thread.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: CHECHBOX VS BUTTON

Posted 12-16-2020 14:10
    Blake,

On the thread you linked, the button look is 'Tall Vibrant Success'.

I know there is Vibrant Snowy, Vibrant Success etc (I think there are 4?). I noticed this adds tall....do you have a reference for all these options and what they will look like?

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: CHECHBOX VS BUTTON

Posted 12-16-2020 14:27
    Thanks for pointing that out. 'Tall' is actually an older button class that is slightly larger than the standard 'Vibrant' class. I'm going to guess (though I don't know for sure) that this will eventually be phased out as more UI updates are made.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/