Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

Posted 08-04-2021 07:33
    I have an application that has worked great on the computer.  It is a checklist that has a dynamic rule to log the user and date when the checkbox is clicked.  We have to have the log for auditing purposes.  It works flawlessly on the computer, but when I try it on my mobile, it does not do the log function.  How can I work around this limitation?

------------------------------
    Sarah Burres

• 2.  RE: Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

Posted 08-04-2021 10:15
    I'm not sure a wrk around, but QuickBase has essentially abandoned their mobile platform. They have told me outright they do not have plans to work on it because they are wholly focused on their new form they are building. I created a user voice begging for them to pay attention to their mobile platform. Upvote it!

quickbase.uservoice.com/forums/111823-quickbase-product-feedback/suggestions/43698063-mobile-bugs

Mike Tamoush

• 3.  RE: Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

Posted 08-05-2021 10:05
    Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear you are running into those mobile bugs Mike. The mobile experience remains an important part of Quickbase, although at the moment it is a lower priority then some of our other projects. Like your example of forms which we have long received feedback and requests from our builders to enhance. That does mean mobile is seeing less fresh innovations right now. I absolutely encourage you to keep giving us your feedback cause customer feedback has a big impact overall on how we build that roadmap. I also encourage any community members who are experiencing pain with mobile or other features to let us know here and on User Voice as that helps to shape where our focus in the future goes. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase

• 4.  RE: Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

Posted 08-05-2021 10:15
    Evan,

While I appreciate the commitment to forms etc, and understand perhaps they are not innovating on the mobile side, it's disappointing that they aren't even trying to debug the mobile side and make it more usable. The bug where you can add orphaned records is really significant, and surprising they won't even address that one.

I don't think it's a secret that tablets and mobile are very fast growing and important, many people are veering that direction. Not innovating, and letting the mobile side waste away are two different things, and at this point with the amount of bugs, they are essentially letting mobile die.

Mike Tamoush

• 5.  RE: Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 08-05-2021 10:00
    This post was removed

• 6.  RE: Mobile Platform bug/ limitation

Posted 08-05-2021 10:01
    Hi Sarah,

I would recommend reaching out to our Care team via a support case to help you with this question. They can take a look at the dynamic rule with you and see if they can help you get it to function, or alternatively I have accomplished something similar with Pipelines which has the advantage of not just working on the form but also on any reports, imports, etc as well so you can expect a more consistent experience. You can create a support case right here in community by clicking on Support where it appears on the global navigation at the top of the community page. You can also create a case in Quickbase by clicking the question mark (?) icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the global nav and selecting Manage Support Cases. They can take a look at what you are seeing and see if they can find you a work around that fits your needs better.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quickbase