Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-29-2020 19:15
    We use Quick Base to assign Field Techs to service customer equipment in southern California and the Techs get the customers signature on a Work Order form on a smart phone or tablet using Signatures for Quick Base.  We're starting starting to have issues with employees and customers not wanting to handle other people's phones or tablet for signatures. 
    Any suggestions on how to collect customer signatures without handling other people's phones or tablet for signatures?   Would DocuSign for Quick Base be a possible solution?
    Thanks, 

------------------------------
    Jim Lieder

• 2.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 06:12

Yes, the Juiced add on for Docusign would work since it operates  by email.  Each next step in the signature chain is email driven so each person stays on their own device as opposed to physically passing around a device to finger sign  

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 10:43

To add onto Mark,

The Juiced Docusign Workflow seems to rely on an existing record being created, so in the flow for the form, you need to create a way to create a record, then trigger the Juiced Addon to generate the Docusign request. 

It is really useful though.

GMacri

• 4.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 11:10

The Docusign Trigger is not tied into to adding a Record. It can be triggered by anything you like. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 11:22

Interesting, looking at the code, there are several references to a record ID. Is there a way to reference QB's internal RID prior to creating the record?

GMacri

• 6.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 11:26

I was referring to the add in from Juiced, not the Pipelines Docusign if that is what you are referring to.

With the Juiced add on, typically the record will have been created and then at a later point in the workflow,  Exact Plus Forms PDF document will be created.  Then the user will trigger that say a Contract is ready for signature and that will stat the DocuSign process.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 12:19

Thank you for the quick responses.  I didn't think about the Pipelines connection for DocuSign. I'll look into that option as well as add-on software.

Jim

• 8.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 14:03

You can also check out the form builder from Advantage.

https://www.advantagequickbase.com/

It's really sleek, and works off a webpage, and I believe the user can just scan a qr code with their phone and it will take them to a form with a signature option. You may have to make the page EOTI, I am not sure. I only demo'd it (there were a couple limitations that made it not usable for my purposes), but I really wished I could use it because it is such a nice design and so easy to work with.

Mike Tamoush

• 9.  RE: Getting Customer signatures with Covid-19

Posted 12-30-2020 14:45

Jim,

I second the motion from Mark.  I have implemented the Juiced tool at customers and they love it.   There is tremendous benefit to it beyond the "no contact."  You now have some real data in QB about the closing process at the customer.  It provides a wealth of insight into how long to get a proposal out, how many, closing ratios, closing response.

You can really figure out who is doing there job in the Sales Department and who is not.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH