Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

• 1.  Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

Posted 01-10-2020 18:19
    On a form, I can filter my selection in a related field by making a report that it chooses from, instead of the default record picker. When I select this related field in grid edit mode, it does not filter using the report. Are there customizable settings somewhere for how a related field is filtered in grid edit mode?

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

Posted 01-10-2020 18:53
    You can make a dummy form called say Grid Edit.  Specify your correctly filtered report there.  Then set the report used on the form to use that form for grid edit in "Forms Usage".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

Posted 01-13-2020 14:51
    Mark,

Little confused on this one. So In the roles I would set the grid edit to my new form? If so, does that effect my grid edit in other cases? I guess I'm not totally following how QB uses that grid edit functionality.

Mike Tamoush

• 4.  RE: Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

Posted 01-13-2020 15:11
    If you like you can assign that form specifically to be used for just the one embedded report on your form, for when it's in Grid Edit mode.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Filter Related Field in Grid Edit

Posted 01-14-2020 10:00
    Hi Mike,

If you are looking to change just the one report (or only a limited number of reports) like Mark was mentioning and not every report in your table you can do that by going into your table settings, selecting forms, and then opening up the collapsed section for "override role settings by report". Though it only shows up if you have more then 1 form on the table (which is why you might need to make a dummy form on the table if it doesn't have more than one. Then you can set it so the form that has the right dropdown associated with it is set to override your reports that you want to also use that same dropdown behavior, allowing you to better customize the end user experience of various reports. 

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base