Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Permissions on Pages

Posted 08-30-2021 11:20
    Hi,
    I currently have a button that calls an code page when clicked. Currently when I am logged in when I hit the button I get redirected to the code page as intended but when I test it as a non-user I hit the button and get redirected to a page that says I don't have permission to view the code page. I have set the field and table that the button is in to public so that anyone can select/edit/view it but I do not know how to make the code page public so that anyone can view it. I have set the non user permissions to be able to do everything on the app but it still can't view the code page. Am I missing a permissions setting somewhere? Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Hank Halverson

• 2.  RE: Permissions on Pages

Posted 08-31-2021 16:43
    Is your 'user' in an EOTI (Everyone on the Internet) role?

Benjamin Larrabee

• 3.  RE: Permissions on Pages

Posted 09-01-2021 09:34
    Yes, I was testing as a nonuser in the EOTI role but I figured it out. What was happening was the button interacted with some tables and fields that I had not considered it would and the EOTI role did not have access to those roles. I suppose the lesson here is to always check permissions for every field and table that a button interacts with even the ones that are not apparent. Thanks for the response!

Hank Halverson

• 4.  RE: Permissions on Pages

Posted 09-01-2021 12:25
    Definitely a good lesson! Another key lesson is to be super careful using the EOTI role. 
    Ben Larrabee, Senior Solutions Consultant

VeilSun | Denver | www.veilsun.com |  720-465-1333 blarrabee@veilsun.com