Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Formula URL Email Button with HTML tags

Posted 07-01-2020 12:05
    I created a formula URL to send an email to a customer and I would like to embed a link to a document link thats accessible via the internet with 'simple' text displayed versus the long URL.  Below is my code example

"mailto:"&""&[Vendors Email]&"\n"&"?subject="&"\n"&URLEncode("Request for Information: ")& [Approved Vendors Name]&""&"&body="&URLEncode("Hello, \nThank you for your interest in becoming a supplier with XXX. On behalf of the Vendor Management and Procurement teams here at XXX we are excited about the prospects of partnering with you. In order to expedite the process and move you closer to partnering with us we would like your help with the following;\n\n- Please respond to this email with a copy of your W9\n- Please complete the attached Vendor Questionaire \n") &URLEncode(<a href="www.internetlink.com"> Vendor Questionaire<a/> &URLEncode("\nAdditionally given the type of relationship and access to sensitive information we will also require the following. (Please note if no items listed below then please only supply the information listed above)\n\nThank you for your prompt attention to this note.\n")&URLEncode("\n ")&[Required Documents]&URLEncode("\n ")&URLEncode("\nRegards \nVendor Management \nXXX \nVendorManagement@XXX.com")
    &""

Does anyone know what I should do?

------------------------------
    Mike Vaughn

• 2.  RE: Formula URL Email Button with HTML tags

Posted 07-02-2020 11:27
    Hi Mike,

Is the part you are trying to get to link with simple text in that button this part:

" &URLEncode(<a href="www.internetlink.com"> Vendor Questionaire<a/>"

If so what happens when you try to send it out like this? 

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 3.  RE: Formula URL Email Button with HTML tags

Posted 07-02-2020 12:25
    Currently, it displays the HTML as text.  I realize I didn't close parenthesis in what I shared above.   Even when I do it still shows as text

Mike Vaughn

• 4.  RE: Formula URL Email Button with HTML tags

Posted 07-02-2020 12:28
    Mike,
    In my experience that mailto: command is the lowest common denominator of all mail systems and it only supports plain text.  I don't think that you will be able to coax it to render as a hyperlink.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com