Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

• 1.  Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

Posted 13 days ago
    I have an application that has a Text - Multiple Choice field called "Project Name" that  I would like to control the value of this field to have it pre-populated by clicking on the link to the form.  So basically when some one clicks the URL and the value is set in the URL, that field will be pre-populated with a value set in the URL.  I would have a different URL for each value in the Text - Multiple Choice field.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks
    Brian

------------------------------
    Brian Brian

• 2.  RE: Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

Posted 13 days ago
    Brian -

While this is definitely possible, I've got a few questions first. Can you explain a bit about how your application is structured? Specifically:
    1. Where are you wanting to build this URL? Is this on a different Table or is it on a Dashboard?
    2. The table where you are wanting to direct the user via the URL, how is it related to the location of the URL? (If it's a Table, is it a Parent table to the destination?)
    3. You've got a Multiple Choice for "Project Name" - are Projects a table in your application or do these exist in another system? Are there a finite number or will these change over time?

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

Posted 13 days ago
    I am using the "Everyone on the Internet" role to allow anyone to submit a form to my application.  When someone clicks on the URL I would like the URL to tell the "Project Name" field what value to pre-populate in it so the user does not have to pick the project from this dropdown list on the form.  Hope this helps.

Brian Brian

• 4.  RE: Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

Posted 13 days ago
    Ok, to add a field to an Add Record URL, you would use this structure:

&_FID_##=my%20text%20value

Replace the ## with the field ID of the field you're filling in and then replace '
    ​my%20text%20value' with the selection you want to pass. Since this is in a URL, the text values have to be encoded and the %20 represents a space.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 5.  RE: Controlling a Text Multiple Choice Field Value with URL

Posted 12 days ago
    Yea...That did it.  Thanks so much for the help.

Brian

Brian Brian