Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:19
    Just a couple quick questions.  I'm sure I'm missing something simple and one I have done before but can't find my way back.

I am moving a few tables from one app to their own app.  The new app is built and ready for use, but I want to leave a link to the new app for the short term.  My first question is one that I have done, but don't recall how I did it the last time.  I want to create a dashboard or landing page for each table with a link to the new app.  I have a dashboard page created, but have not been able to figure out how to associate that page to each of the tables.  The other part is more frustrating because I know I have to be missing something incredibly stupid.  I want to put a button to take the users to the new app.  I am able to create a button to do that, but have not been able to change the text to anything other than the URL for the new app.

Thank you in advance

------------------------------
    Paul Peterson

• 2.  RE: Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:22
    I am not sure if I completely understand your question but a dashboard button link can be set to be a URL and hen link to any URL that you paste in. 

Then you can edit the button or link using the pencil icon to change the label of the button.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:26

Thanks Mark,

there's the issue, I didn't have a pencil icon to edit the button or link

Paul Peterson

• 4.  RE: Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:28
    np,
    When editing the Dashboard in Edit mode you hover over the right side of the button or link and there is a triangle icon to click.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:32
    guess it's time for new glasses, I finally found the pencil and changed the name

how about associating the page to the table?

Paul Peterson

• 6.  RE: Dashboard questions

Posted 01-08-2021 16:43
    If you are asking whether a Table Home Page has a mini dashboard opportunity where you can put buttons on the Table Home Page the answer is no you cannot do that.

However, If your table homepage has a list of records on it you could put a button on those records that would be repetitive all the way down that would lead the user to any URL.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com