Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Enter text on form or single record in view mode?

Posted 09-09-2019 00:12
    Basically I'm just wanting to have a quicknote box on projects, services tickets etc where if the users are viewing a record they can type in a note, hit a button, and add the note as a child record.   I know how to do it using a dummy text box on the parent record and writing the value to the child record (note) when it's created.  But I don't know the best way, if even possible, to let our users add notes without going into add/edit mode on the parent record. 

Best,

------------------------------
    Brandon Clark

• 2.  RE: Enter text on form or single record in view mode?

Posted 09-09-2019 13:59
      |   view attached
    Hi Brandon, not sure if this helps, but if you already have a notes table, you can create the relationship and have an empty editable table on the parent form. On the Parent Record, input your report, and set the checkbox to Editable. This will display a Grid Edit report that can easily be updated without much work. Good Luck!

Ursula

• 3.  RE: Enter text on form or single record in view mode?

Posted 09-09-2019 15:38
    Thanks Ursula.  It's not quite the look I'm looking for but will work to accomplish the objective for now.

Brandon

Brandon Clark

• 4.  RE: Enter text on form or single record in view mode?

Posted 09-09-2019 16:27
    You can make a button that opens a dialog box to capture to notes and use the API to add notes to the child table.

Here are some dialog box examples from Dan
    How To Dialog?

Everett Patterson

• 5.  RE: Enter text on form or single record in view mode?

Posted 09-10-2019 15:50
    That will get me close enough and help with a number of other things.  Thanks Everett!!

Brandon Clark