Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Embedding Kanban reports

Posted 03-02-2020 16:27
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some direction on embedding a Kanban report on a form.

I have table for "Meeting reports" and each report has related Tasks. I am hoping to embed a related Kanban report directly in the Meeting report in order simplify the process of updating tasks. Is it possible to achieve this with native Quick Base functionality?

------------------------------
    Gabe Messler

• 2.  RE: Embedding Kanban reports

Posted 03-02-2020 19:57
    As Judge Judy would say about that question ...  "Ridicilus". Except it turns out that it is possible and also she just sold her 5,200 hours of shows for $100 million.

So adapting the technique by Kirk Trachy in his magic buttons app and some original thinking at my end

1. Make a Child table Kanban report with an <ask the user> filter where the answer to the the question is the Related Parent.

2. On the Parent table make a formula Rich Text field called [Kanban Magic Report Link formula]

"<iframe width=\"1500\" height=\"1500\" frameborder=\"0\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" src=\"" & URLRoot()&"db/"& [_DBID_CHILD]&"?a=q&qid=9&nv=1&v0=" & [Record ID#] & "&ifv=1" & "\"></iframe>" 

Substitute in your _DBID of the child table and the report qid (mine was 9) of the Kanban report.

3. Make a Report Link field on the Parent table and, strange but true, use that  [Kanban Magic Report Link formula] field for both the right and left sides of the Report Link field configuration.

4. Put the Report link Field on the form,  and drag them tasks all over that Kanban report. 

Post back and let me know when you get it working and if you want an explanation of that Magic Report link field as to what it says in plain english.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Embedding Kanban reports

Posted 03-02-2020 20:26
    .. actually I was getting way too fancy,  you can also just make a Kanban report which is unfiltered and use it as the report on the parent record, just like you have the regular table report of children on the parent form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com