Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 12-09-2020 11:43
    I have a report that allows each user to review their time entries and adjust them for the previous week. The report is filtered by owned records equaling the user who is logged in.

I would like to automatically send out this report every Sunday to each user so they only see their personal time records for the past week.

I cannot seem to grasp how this is done. If I send out this report to everyone, won't it simply send out admin time records since the admin is the owner of the subscription when the report is generated?

The only way I can see to do this is a separate subscription for each user; I was hoping for a easier solution.

And as always, I spend time reviewing the knowledge base for answers, but it is hard to know what key words will provide a solution, so if someone knows where this has already been addressed, let me know the link.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Ray Moss
    Essence QB Admin
    Essence Cabinets Inc.
    Edmonton, AB, CAN

• 2.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 12-09-2020 12:29
    Fortunately, you are over thinking this. Quick Base to the rescue.

Simply create a single report filtered by where the time card entry user ID is "the current user".  I assume that the record must contain a field for which user registered that time.

Then set up a single subscription of that report to all users in the relevant role(s) to receive that report. Each user will receive a report with only their own entries.

One Report.  One Subscription. Y'er done!

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 12-09-2020 15:12
    I have the report, I just didn't trust how it all would work. I suppose with a bit of patience and testing I could have come to the same conclusion, but thanks for your response, Mark. It's nice to have confirmation.

Ray Moss
    Essence QB Admin
    Essence Cabinets Inc.
    Edmonton, AB, CAN

• 4.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-26-2022 13:59
    Hey Mark,

I have this exact subscription setup to go out on the 25th day of the month that sends a report filtered by current user, regarding their last months submissions. I've confirmed with a couple individuals, who have records on this report regularly, that they are not getting the subscription report. I only learned this after I didn't receive it myself.

I have the blank report box unchecked so that users who don't have data on the report don't get an email. Not sure if this is messing with the report sending at all. My only thought is that since some users wouldn't have records on this report, no one is getting it as a result even if they have records on it.

Details:
    - Report is filtered by a Username QB = Current User
    - Username QB is not a column on the report. This shouldn't be an issue to my knowledge, but included it in case it is for some reason I'm unaware of.
    - Notification Details:

Thanks for your help!

Curtis Middleton

• 5.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-26-2022 14:11
    The first thing to do is do a Test as User for a user who should have records on the report to see if the report has records on it.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-26-2022 14:52
    Thanks, Mark. That was the first thing I did. I just checked again to be sure and confirmed there are records on the report for specific users. One of which I know is not getting the subscription report email. When I myself had records on the report, I also didn't receive the subscription report email when I should have.

Curtis Middleton

• 7.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-26-2022 15:19
    I would just delete the old subscription and create a new one from scratch.  I have seen it happen where a subscription doesn't work and rebuilding it fixes it. Don't copy the subscription,  rebuild it from scratch.

mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 8.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-29-2022 19:46
    I rebuilt it from scratch on Friday and had it run over Friday night/Saturday morning. Got confirmation from one of my users this morning that an email was not sent. Any other thoughts besides a care ticket?

Curtis Middleton

• 9.  RE: Last Week's Time as a Personal User Report Subscription

Posted 08-29-2022 21:37
    Sorry, no.

mark.shnier@gmail.com