Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 15:24
    So I have a lot of Data I like to keep track of in QuickBase. I have several dozen customized reports I check daily and weekly.

Some of this data contains percentage scores for coworkers, averages, etc..

I used to use Google Suite to track this information, but now we are using Microsoft Office 365 and Sharepoint.

So I've been trying to find a way to export this data live from QuickBase into Excel in Office 365. Our spreadsheets where we track and update information is in Excel on SharePoint.

I've tried using the desktop version of Office 365's Excel and go into the Data and Get Data From Web and other options. I've went into the refresh options to try to refresh hourly. It won't.

Is it not possible to sync them so the information in QuickBase exports and updates the data in sharepoint?

I can save the data in Quickbase as a Spreadsheet CSV file and load it into Excel just fine, but it won't refresh and update.

------------------------------
    Joey Fletcher

• 2.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 15:26
    Have you tried Zapier? I know they have a Microsoft Excel resource as well as an upcoming Sharepoint.​

ProjectsForce

• 3.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 15:31
    No, I haven't tried that. I was hoping to find a way around paying their prices. I wouldn't mind the $19.99/$24.99 or the $49/$61.25, but the tasks completed would be closer to the 50,000 tasks a month.

Joey Fletcher

• 4.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 16:10
    Try QuNect ODBC.  This will allow you to connect it to a database application such as Access or Excel.  The cost is around $200 per year and I've never had limits on data.  You might need to know a little SQL to pull the data and schedule a batch file to pull it, but it can be done without too much effort.

I think they'll give you a free month trial to test it out.  Let me know if you need more info.

Jessica Feauto

• 5.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 17:03
    It's $200 to upgrade but $500 since I don't have a previous version.

I tried the "Get Data From Web" by just using the URL to customized report, but I get this error message, "The credentials provided cannot be used for the Web source. Please update the credential type through a refresh or in the Data Source Settings dialog to continue. (Source at https://jlodge.quickbase.com/.)"

I imagine that has to do with the fact I use credentials to log into my QB account. 

I saved the report as a CSG spreadsheet and it loads fine into Excel, but when I try to refresh all, it just won't refresh.

I was hoping it was as simple as that, but if it's gonna require spending $500 to $1000, I'll just deal with refreshing my browser to keep an eye on the data. I was hoping to keep updated from the spreadsheets because it allows me to set alerts in case a certain value is higher than it's supposed to be.

Joey Fletcher

• 6.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 22:39
    We use QuNect ODBC to refresh data into excel and SQL Server.  QuNect is onetime cost of around $1999 perpetual license. However, the only issue is its efficiency.  Don't expect efficient response from QuNect as it is a ODBC connector.

The other option is Zapier, Workato.

Babi Panjikar

• 7.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-05-2019 22:44
    Well, I finally got it to work through Get Data From Web(Legacy), but it only refreshes as long as I keep Office 365 Desktop version open. It won't update the sheet in Excel in the online version. That's no biggie. I can at least keep the desktop open on a PC to keep an eye on statistics and set alerts if a value goes higher than it should be.

Joey Fletcher

• 8.  RE: QuickBase to Sharepoint Sync?

Posted 11-06-2019 07:41
    Joey,

We built Paasporter, www.paasporter.com to Extract Quick Base data, index and create a new SQL Compliant DB.  Now you have a data source that traditional software development tools can connect with.   Not only Sharepoint but any other archiving, complex calculations or BI/BA needs can take advantage of it.

Please reach out for a demo.

Don

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH