Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  New Dashboard filters - order of items

Posted 12-01-2021 18:21
    Hi

I trying to build with the new dashboards and am wondering about how QB orders the items in the filter for my chart.  I thought it would be alphabetical or numerical, but that does not appear to be the case.  It is filtering a text field.

I checked to see that there were no extra spaces that could have thrown things off. I also considered it might be sorting the items by their create date, but that doesn't appear to be the case either. 

Does anyone know how the order is set?  Can I do anything to change it?  I'd really like it to be sequential.

Thanks for your insight!

Regards,

------------------------------
    Kim G

• 2.  RE: New Dashboard filters - order of items

Posted 12-02-2021 10:43
    If the source field type is multiple choice you could check the configuration of that field's Properties to see how it's set to sort.  If it's not a multiple choice field, you can check the sort settings for the default report.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: New Dashboard filters - order of items

Posted 12-02-2021 12:22
    Thanks for the ideas.  It's not a multiple choice field, but just a plain text field.  It is a related field rather than one on the table being used to generate the chart.  The order didn't match the sort from the default report from either of the tables.

Kim G