Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Send and populate email through a button

Posted 10-11-2019 12:56
    Edited by Miranda Mo 10-11-2019 13:00
    Hi, 

I am new to the community and would love to implement a button in my DEAL table where it sends out an email (i want it to prompt my outlook window) to the email linked to a different table, CONTACTS and auto-record the content that is being sent into a different table, say EMAIL.
    I have created a button already like below:
    "mailto:"&""&[email]&"\n"&"?subject="&"\n"&[Subject]&""&"&body="&[Body]&""
    where [email] is where i want to grab the mail
    and [subject] and [body] are my predefined fields in the same table

but I don't know how to
    1) grab the email address that is being stored in a different table
    2) save the content that was sent out attached by an ID that is the same ID as deal
    3) Would it be possible to track the sender's and receivers email conversation beyond just the initial "send"?

• 2.  RE: Send and populate email through a button

Posted 10-14-2019 12:06
    Hi Miranda:

I'm not sure of you table lay out.  Is it CONTACTS < DEALS < EMAILS?

If so, the email would probably originate in the CONTACTS table and be passed down into the DEALS table and then passed down again into the EMAILS table.  This would be done by editing the relationship and creating lookup fields to pass the email from one table to the next until you get the email into the table where you can use it.

------------------------------
    Kirk Trachy

• 3.  RE: Send and populate email through a button

Posted 10-22-2019 15:26
    Hi Miranda - If you hit limitations of mailto, check out SendToOutlook.  It can handle setting of a formatted body (i.e. HTML), adding attachments, and much more.  SendToOutlook can also take Quick Base info and create calendar and contact info in Outlook too.  Have a look here: http://www.SoftTechExperts.com/sendtooutlook.html.  Contact me directly for more info.

Joe Acunzo
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    SoftTechExperts
    joe.acunzo@SoftTechExperts.com
    203-481-1222 ext. 316