Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Add button to Table Home Page

Posted 09-05-2019 17:34
      |   view attached
    I feel like this should be simple but can't find a straightforward answer or example for some reason.

How could I add a simple custom button to the top of a Table's Home Page that could be tied to some custom JavaScript a la:
    I replied to a user in a previous thread but now see that he may be AWOL. Thanks for any help!

Process Selected Records
    Process Selected Recordshttps://haversineconsulting.quickbase.com/db/bkfwuwx2p?a=td

• 2.  RE: Add button to Table Home Page

Posted 09-05-2019 19:34
    Unfortunately, Dan has not been on this forum in quite a while. I suggest that you state your need as a new question and there are always a variety of solutions once we understand what do you want the button to do.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Add button to Table Home Page

Posted 09-05-2019 20:59
    I have some JS code I tested in the dev tools console that copies a QB html table to the clipboard. I'd just like a button on the page above the table(like in the screenshot) that can execute that code. I'm assuming I'll need to put that JS code in a code page?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Add button to Table Home Page

Posted 06-04-2020 13:58
    Edited by Adam Keever 06-04-2020 13:58
    You can do this with script by slightly modifying a solution provided by @Everett Patterson here:
    link

Use the image on load technique and then add the HTML for your button in the report description (be sure to tick the check box to show description):

Result:
    ​Code:
    <a class='Vibrant Success' style="border:0px solid green; background-color:#f55c24; text-align: center;-box-shadow: 0px 10px 10px -7px #000000, 9px 7px 10px 1px #000000; box-shadow: 0px 10px 10px -12px #000000, 2px 2px 10px 1px #000000; " href='YOUR_BUTTON_URL_GOES_HERE'>Add Record</a>

Adam Keever

• 5.  RE: Add button to Table Home Page

Posted 05-22-2021 11:30
    Hi @Adam Keever, I'm the OP. Been away for a while, and I hadn't seen this reply. I was able to make the IOL process work a year and a half ago, though not how you suggested here. My client wants me to hopefully modify the process so it works in the new UI. Do you have any suggestions for creating a button that could execute code from a code page? Could this HTML button in the description work?

Thanks!​​​

Bobby Neelon