Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

• 1.  Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    I'm trying working within a pre-built CRM at my company and I need to figure out how to sync a table between a few different forms.

I've included some screen shots but I currently have a "Job Opportunity" Table that allows me to create a new opportunity and use/add a "Product" table within it that it has a table to table relationship with.

What I'm trying to do is when the user generates "Product" information from the "Add Product" on the Main opportunity tab, for that information to then show up in the layout request and eventually a quote request form I'm also working on.

So if I add a product on the Main tab when I then go to the layout request tab and add a new layout, that the product entered from the main tab is automatically generated on the layout request form so I'm not duplicating input.

Can anyone help?

------------------------------
    Peter Gacek

• 2.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    Can you describe the relationships between your tables?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

Hey Mark,

I can do my best but I figured a picture might explain things a little better? Attached is a picture with  the table to table relationships within my CRM with everything stemming from Opportunities. Then I have Product with a relationship to layouts and to opportunities.

I've also included a screenshot of my opportunities page where the Product table is being used and my layout request form where I wanted the same information to sync.

Let me know if you need more for me and I'm a bit green to quickbase so apologies if this isn't exactly what you're asking. To make things a little more complicated, I'm actually working with a test-ground CRM so it's not even our real CRM so whatever I figure out I'll have to replicate eventually.

• 4.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    Perhaps all you need is to create a Report Link field field called [Report Link of Products] on your Layouts table.

Configure the field settings to match [Related Opportunity] on the left side with the [Related Opportunity] of the Products table (the right side).  When you go to select that field, watch out for the pop up blocker.

Then put that Report Link link field [Report Link of Products] on the layout form and use the form properties to "show records directly on the form".

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

Hey Mark,

Appreciate the input, I've tried something like that and then tried exactly what you said but for the Products table on the right side of the Related Opportunity, I only have the option of selecting a field, I tried it with "Opportunities:Products" but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks again!

• 6.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    Peter,

1. Are you configuring the Report Link field on the Layouts table?
    2. Did you select the field [Related Opportunity] on the left side.
    3. For the right side, did you navigate to your app and then locate and radio button select the [Related Opportunity] on the Products Table?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

Mark,

1. Yes I'm configuring the Report Link on the Layouts table
    2. Yes, confirmed selected Related Opp on the left side
    3. THAT SOLVED IT, it was selecting the Product – Related Opportunity. THIS IS HUGE.

Thank you Mark, I might have to bother you again about buttons but this does a lot.

• 8.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    The magic of a report link is that it does not need a relationship.  It just wants to match up any field from the record you are on with any field on any table in any app.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

I didn't realize that. Like I said, I'm a bit green so thank you again.

You don't have to tell me how, but is there a formula/button that I can create that will send a form as an email to a user from a drop down with the user who made the form on copy? I've been able to setup notifcations so far with certain conditions on "Save & Close" buttons on forms but have yet to create an email to button that worked successfully.

• 10.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    Yes, there would be a way to set up an email Notification to go to the [Last Modified by] as well as another recipient as selected by a dropdown.  You would need to know if these were users or just external people who are not Users in the app, so yes its pretty easy

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 11.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

Morning Mark,

Copy, yeah it would be for users only, not external people as it would be for a budgetary quote request internally.

Could you point me in the right direction? I'm now realizing it's your "URL Formulas for Dummies" that I've been using to try and guide the process but I'm struggling to piece it together.

Thanks,

• 12.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago
    I am not quite sure what question you're asking. A notification can fire based on any field changing. You seem to be asking how to make a button that the user could click in view mode in order to trigger the notification.

If that is what you were asking them resources would be that download it up from the exchange or also another good resource is called magic buttons which is also in the exchange. The author of that is Kirk Tracy a long time Senior Quickbase Sales Engineer.

If you have some specific questions about making a particular URL formula then you can post back here.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 13.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

Mark,

Thank you once again, you are correct, I'm looking to add a button that would email a specific internal user with the last modified on copy.  I tried playing with Magic Buttons a bit but wasn't able to actually find the button coding specifically but I also haven't given it a fair enough shake yet.

That being said, you've been more than enough help so I'll keep working on it on my own and if I have any more specific questions about my particular formula, I'll post back.

Thanks once again for all your help,

• 14.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 19 days ago

I guess I lied as I did have another question as it pertains to my previous issue.

The Report Link for the Products that I'm using in my Opportunity page (that then carries on to my layout request and my quote request)  is showing the product that I added for the previous opportunity and the current one I'm creating but I only want it to show for opportunity I'm on, if that makes sense?

Currently the table is showing 2 products for a new opportunity I created and it should only be showing the 1 I just added. I am thinking the answer might lie in the Initial Filter section but I haven't quite figured it out.

• 15.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 18 days ago
    That does not make sense as being possible.  On the Opportunities table how is that report link field configured.  it is matching the [Record ID#] on the Opportunity with the [Related Opportunity] of the Product?

Mark

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 16.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 18 days ago

Mark,

[Record ID#] on the Opportunity with the [Related Opportunity] of the Product. I'm wondering if it's something with my Add Product URL because when I went to create another new opportunity there was no product in the products field but when I went to add a product, it added the product from my last opportunity along with the product I had just added.

Now I've tried replication the problem with 3 or 4 new opportunities and it seems to be working fine so maybe something just wasn't updating properly on my end? Sorry to waste your time.

• 17.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 13 days ago
    I'm still struggling a bit with this form as well although it mostly working how it's supposed to.

For some reason on occasion the report will show or add more than one product on a quote request and I'm not certain why. And if I visit an older opportunity in the system  the report table will show tons of products.

Another observation I had in all of this, if I create a new quote request and try to add a product unrelated to an opportunity, the product does not show because I know the table is showing products related to the opportunity.

If I were to make another version of this application, would there be a report I could create that would just show the product associated with that quote? Or is that possible now?

Peter Gacek

• 18.  RE: Getting a table to connect between multiple forms

Posted 12 days ago
    I'm realizing that  "My new quote request" issue is likely related to another issue I had (thanks Mark) in that when I'm creating a new quote it doesn't have a record ID to pull the report form. And if I want the opportunity to share the same product table with my layout request and quote request form, then the product needs to be associated with an opportunity/record id accordingly.

So I think I've figured this out for now but somebody feel free to correct me for future discussion lookers.

Peter Gacek