Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  To all QB users --> Does "Make date recurring" unofficial feature stop working for every body?

Posted 09-21-2021 06:42
    Hi, this is a query for other users who have implemented the "Make date recurring" ¿not official? script that QuickBase has provided for years.

This has stopped working for me, and I'm getting conflicting information from Quickbase support:
    - On the one hand they tell me that "the script should still be working unless I've made changes on my side"
    - For another that "due to security concerns they had to deprecate it"

Do you use this function? Has it stopped working for you recently?

Thanks in advance,
    Javier

------------------------------
    Javier Hurtado

• 2.  RE: To all QB users --> Does "Make date recurring" unofficial feature stop working for every body?

Posted 09-21-2021 13:00
    Could you describe exactly what "Make date recurring" is and where and how you use it? Provide the code if possible or a link that explains this.

The only thing I can find, and this is from a single community post, is a mention of the "Recurring record wizard." Is that what you are talking about?

If so it may well be gone. This is the thread I saw mention it, and the link in there is dead. https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=61db7e7d-6f85-46e5-87bb-54b1fa07d654&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

However if you take their link the put it into archive.org you can see what it used to be. https://web.archive.org/web/20170910215411/http://www.quickbase.com/developer/knowledge-base/how-do-i-easily-create-recurring-record-or-recurring-tasks

• 3.  RE: To all QB users --> Does "Make date recurring" unofficial feature stop working for every body?

Posted 09-21-2021 14:19
    Hi Austin,

Yes, is right the wizard/script described in the "archive.org" link.

QB support told me that "the script should still be working unless I've made changes on my side"

Later they change the response to "due to security concerns they had to deprecate it"

I'm just trying to verify that info with other colleagues.

Thanks for your interest,
    Javier

Javier Hurtado

• 4.  RE: To all QB users --> Does "Make date recurring" unofficial feature stop working for every body?

Posted 09-21-2021 14:24
    Hi Javier,

I can confirm that we did remove the post referencing the Reoccuring Record Wizard. It made use of JavaScript that was being inserted into users applications so after our JavaScript program this February-August it could no longer insert that code into a users applications. The wizard was built as an as is resource for users many years ago and like all JavaScript unfortunately carried the same concern that it could break and unfortunately in this instance the wizard did. If you are looking for an alternative to the Reoccuring Record Wizard our Pipelines functionality can help you to create template records or reoccuring records on a regular cadence and the Care team can give you some help on how you replace that previous functionality now that the wizard unfortunately has broken.

Evan Martinez

• 5.  RE: To all QB users --> Does "Make date recurring" unofficial feature stop working for every body?

Posted 11-11-2021 06:13
    This stopped working for us without - as far as I know - any advanced notice. It was used within a financially sensitive area of our business and its removal caused us significant problems and left us with very unhappy customers.

Jeremy Anson