Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Do I need a new table or just a new form?

Posted 06-19-2020 17:44
    Hey All,

I'm building an app for a Non-profit that supports Special Needs People ages 18+. We need to have a form specifically injuries while at activities with the Non-profit organization. We already have a table called Charting. This table includes information about the services Members get from the Non-profit but also important interactions/notes (phone, email, in person) with the Member and their supporting people (parents/guardians/Dr's/Support Coordinators). We also have a separate table called Medication Administration (for if Members take medicine while at activities with the Non-Profit).

Should we make a new table for Injuries? Or add fields to the Medication Administration or Charting table and then create a new form/reports to add Injury Reports? I'm leaning towards adding fields towards the Medication Administration table which already includes if they take medicine during activities (ie: inhaler, epic-pen, OTC).

I feel as if adding a new table would be the easiest, but I am not sure that I really need it. 

Can anyone give a reason to keep it as a separate table? This group is based in NJ and is only 2 years old - so a lot of room to grow. 

Thanks in advance. Mary

------------------------------
    Mary Perkins
    M3TR1CS Business Solutions
    mary.perkins@m3tr1cs.com

• 2.  RE: Do I need a new table or just a new form?

Posted 06-19-2020 19:47
     This definitely sounds to me like a separate table. An injury is an incident with a specific date and will no doubt have specific fields required relating to the investigation of the cause of the injury and what can be done to prevent it from happening in future.
    This seems very different than taking note of the medications that a client needs to have on and on going basis. 

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Do I need a new table or just a new form?

Posted 06-20-2020 12:24
    Thanks for your input Mark! I sometimes overthink things. My first inclination was to make a new table... but then, I take classes and read and then other thoughts come up. An outside viewpoint definitely helps get us back on track.

Cheers! M

Mary Perkins
    M3TR1CS Business Solutions
    mary.perkins@m3tr1cs.com