Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard Home Page Reports

Posted 10-13-2020 08:41
    Good morning,

One of my colleagues shared with me that his spouse works for a major Fortune 500 company using Quick Base and shared some best practices with us.  Due to privacy I cannot share the screenshots but one of the items they implemented on their home page was a dashboard widget that has (5) columns across with reports under each column.  Stretches the entire home screen and provides great access to information very quickly.

I wanted to implement something like this but am not sure how to do one widget with multiple columns of report links....  Any ideas out there as to how they are doing it?  It is clearly only one widget, not three report link widgets.  This allows it to be minimized, but also allows for 5 columns which is awesome for screen real estate.

------------------------------
    Ivan Weiss

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Home Page Reports

Posted 10-13-2020 08:50
    Sounds like custom coding.  The beta for the new Dashboards is due out soon, so we will see if that offers more flexibility in the # of columns for reports.​

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Dashboard Home Page Reports

Posted 10-13-2020 09:07
    Is there a way to do it that in Quick Base?  I was wondering if I made a code page and did it via html coding with api links to reports and use that on the home page would that do it?

Ivan Weiss

• 4.  RE: Dashboard Home Page Reports

Posted 10-13-2020 14:00
    Yes, if you build a code page, you can add it to a dashboard using a Web Page widget.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/