Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Full Site - Grid Edit on Mobile

Posted 11-05-2020 12:20
    Has anyone else experienced an issue with editing check boxes in an editable child record table on a parent form using the full website on a mobile device?

When I use my Samsung Note in the above described scenario, the check boxes become uneditable after scrolling the screen or something else, seems to happen after about the first 8 to 10 check boxes. The check box cell will highlight, but no change to the state; i.e. will not check. My plan was to use this setup to make auditing super easy for our auditors, but most audits have many child records and the screen has to be scrolled and most have more than 10 check boxes.

------------------------------
    Adam Keever

• 2.  RE: Full Site - Grid Edit on Mobile

Posted 11-05-2020 12:25
    This, unfortunately, has been an issue for a while. Grid Edit, when used in Full Site mode on a mobile device, doesn't seem to work consistently. Often, the visual alignment and the alignment of the clickable area don't seem to mesh. Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a workaround at the moment.

Blake Harrison
    bharrison@datablender.io
    DataBlender - Quick Base Solution Provider
    Atlanta GA
    404.800.1702 / http://datablender.io/

• 3.  RE: Full Site - Grid Edit on Mobile

Posted 11-05-2020 12:44
    Edited by Adam Keever 11-05-2020 13:38
    On top of that, there is a comments text field next to the check box fields and nothing happens when I click the cell to add comments; no pop-up keyboard to type in the text field. Apparently this is only for an editable child record table in a parent form.

I just tried to duplicate this using a grid edit report and it functions normally.

Adam Keever

• 4.  RE: Full Site - Grid Edit on Mobile

Posted 11-05-2020 14:29
    So despite the fact that I clicked on the full desktop version link on the webpage, it turns out there is a browser setting as well that has to be toggled from mobile to desktop. This fixed the check box issue, but did not fix not being able to type text into a text field:

Chrome browser option:

Samsung browser option:

Hope this helps someone else. I put in a support ticket and this was added to the bug list for grid edit.

Adam Keever