Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

• 1.  Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 23 days ago
    I have created pipelines that I want other app admins to be able to view and edit. 

When they go to the Pipelines page, they do not see the ones I created. 

I can't seem to find any user role/permission to change this. 

Anyone else come across this? Or know how to share these Pipelines within an app?

------------------------------
    Adam Parker

• 2.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 22 days ago
    Adam,

I put in a support case on this last month.   Other users have to impersonate you in order to see the pipeline.

My customer was very upset that they are effectively blind to the Pipelines that we build.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 3.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 22 days ago
    Don, Is it clear to you under what circumstances you get to see that Option for Switch to Other User?   I have access to Realms accounts where I am listed with full Permissions for the Realm even with "Full Management" under the account Permissions tab, yet I cannot see that option to Switch to Another User on the Pipelines screen.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 4.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 22 days ago
    Mark,

There is one more layer of permissions in the Realm explicitly to Manage Pipelines.

I believe that is the key to being able to change User while in Pipelines and see the ones that the other Users have created. 

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 5.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    Don, 

Thank you for the help. I'm in a similar situation with a client. 

I'm going to need to recreate these under the client's admin I suppose. 

Adam Parker

• 6.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    Surprisingly even under my client's userid, I was not able to see the extra checkbox to allow me to see all Pipelines. When I go to that "Permissions Page", that column briefly flashes and then hides.  So Customer Care turned on the switch for me.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 7.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    Mark,

Clearly the surgery of putting Pipelines into Quick Base was less than perfect.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 8.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    Yes, Pipelines seem to be a journey and not a destination.  With other features they come out you kind of mentally "get" them and that's it.   I think that we know understand this small mystery of who gets to see which pipelines,  but the larger issue  working with the various channels and building complex Pipelines and getting into Jinja if necessary, is a whole area unto itself. 

I have a Client who wants to integrate with Marketo, for example.  So until you have a need to figure out how to connect to a new channel and have access to a userid for the other end of the connection, it's unexplored territory.  Kinda like the explorers of old who discovered Canada or America.  There were these fuzzy not so good maps, oral legends and stories,  and places where the maps just ended and the intrepid explorers ventured into the unknown.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 9.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    The permissions and visibility is unfortunate but there are two other issues.

The first is documentation about how the Pipeline interacts with the Channel.  I was working on a Mailchimp integration and could not follow the details.  Maybe if I was a Mailchimp expert, it would have been obvious.

The second is testing.   I had a client that wanted to integrate with Quick Books using Pipelines.  We had to abandon the project as there is no way to connect Pipelines to the Quick Books Sandbox.    You can only write to the Production General Ledger.   To say that freaked out the Controller is an understatement.   Every time I tested something, I changed the Profit and Loss statement.   That got me in big trouble.   Boston has announced that the feature is coming in the future.  However as somebody who makes plenty of mistakes connecting a mature Production Quick Base app to a Production system of any other kind and being live the entire time is really dangerous.  Given my first point above that you have to play with it to figure out what to do you load garbage into one or both systems.

Pipelines are really cool, but it is like learning to drive on a 7 speed Ferrari at rush hour on the Autobahn.

Don Larson
    Paasporter
    Westlake OH

• 10.  RE: Pipeline viewing across team members - permissions issue?

Posted 21 days ago
    One thing is that a lot of the channels that Pipelines connects to are products that offer a free trial, allowing you to get into the ecosystem and test on a dummy account (including Quick Books). That said, I had enough problems with a pipeline to Quick Books that we gave up on it, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt. 

Also, assume you've seen this, but there is the "View Activity" and view "Input/Output" option for pipeline activity. 

Personally, I've had the most success with the Slack channel, which is straightforward.

Adam Parker