Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Hi

Posted 05-11-2020 10:17
    Hi everyone,

I am starting a new position within my company as being the "guy" for Quick Base. My company is currently using QB, and I am going to be working with the management team on giving our already set up app an overhaul.  I am currently going through the QB University, and also joining the conversation here to get tips and tricks from other people. Any tips would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Frank Cusack

• 2.  RE: Hi

Posted 05-11-2020 17:22
    The best resources to learn imo is the Quick Base University. There is not much else out there. Make sure you don't skip the record Empower videos, there is a lot of good stuff in there too.

One thing that is helpful to do is to build out a new app. You don't need to use it, just build it. Think of something that might be helpful to a business like an inventory control app and then build it out to a functional point. You will learn a lot trying to make things work.

How big is the current app you guys have that you will be replacing? Lots of table to table relationships in there or is it more basic?

• 3.  RE: Hi

Posted 05-11-2020 17:37
    It is a crm for a marketing company. We are not replacing, just doing some deep updates. It is a pretty complex system for a beginner, but not a difficult system. I'm working through the university for like two to three hours a day.

Frank Cusack

• 4.  RE: Hi

Posted 05-12-2020 15:03
    Hi Frank,

I would, welcome to the Community! I would definitely agree with Austin that the University and the Empower content on there has a lot of good videos and demos that can be really helpful. There have been some great sessions in previous years. Also don't miss out on our upcoming Virtual Empower on June 2nd-3rd. It is a free online experience (You just have to register and sign up for the sessions you are interested to get all the invites and links) that we are running since we had to put our live Empower on hold. It will have a whole slew of training and networking sessions as well as a chance to learn more about what is coming in the product, etc.  You can find out more here. 

Besides that definitely don't hesitate to let the Community help if you get stuck on something tricky, there are some really clever problem solvers on here.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base