Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  jGrowl configuration Options

Posted 02-03-2021 15:43
    What are the configuration options for jGrowl that are specific to QuickBase? I have found them for use outside QuickBase but I couldn't get some of them to work within QuickBase.
    I am most interested in changing the color and location of the jgrowl message.

• 2.  RE: jGrowl configuration Options

Posted 02-03-2021 17:18
    Wow I was just about to ask the same thing!  I would like to know if we can add an image to use instead as well as if we can change the colors.

------------------------------
    John Ross

• 3.  RE: jGrowl configuration Options

Posted 02-03-2021 18:46
    I managed to find the CSS page that manages the jGrowl and here is what I found.
    There are options for:
    jGrowl-green
    jGrowl-warning
    jGrowl-error
    jGrowl-noClose (*no x in the top right of message box)
    jGrowl-notification (default)
    jGrowl-closer (centered text in the message box)
    *if you don't use "theme:'jgrowl-[option]' " then your box will look like jGrowl-notification
    Options you can use:
    - glue:'after' or 'before' *determines where new messages will be added. Either the beginning of the list or at the end of the list
    - header: 'your header here' *Adds a header line to the message box
    - life: 5000 *Message box lasts for 5 seconds.
    - sticky: true or false *If true, the message box will not disappear until it has been exed out or the page refreshes. false is default setting
    There are others but these seem to be the most useful of the settings that work within QuickBase. 

Unfortunetely, you cannot change the location of the message box(es) (as well as some other settings) as that must be changed in the defaults before the startup method is called. You can't change the icon within the theme options but I have not tried adding an image into the body where the text would be. 

• 4.  RE: jGrowl configuration Options

Posted 02-04-2021 09:46
    Blake, thanks so much for this.  We didn't even know this was possible until recently and this just makes it even better!

John Ross

• 5.  RE: jGrowl configuration Options

Posted 02-04-2021 10:01
    Hi Blake,

When it comes to using custom javascript in Quickbase there are some options today to use it in fields and forms that are going to be changing over the next year. As a result we are encouraging anyone who is using Javascript to do so within code pages which are going to continue to be accessible or to look at alternatives that use our native features where possible. You can learn more about this change in our recent post right here.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base