Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-10-2020 22:32

------------------------------
    Bob T.

• 2.  RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-11-2020 07:33
    Two ideas
     If you go to the MY Apps page you can search and I suppose that you could do a single letter search.  There are only 26 letters and you can search them in order of likeliness. 

If you have access to the Realm Administration or know someone who does, you can look at your userid and it will show all the apps you have access to.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-12-2020 10:35
    Hi Bob,

Is this an app that you built or were given access to? It is also possible from My Apps to do an advanced search and show only apps you are the app manager for or all apps you have access to. That will give you a list of those apps that meet that criteria. That might help you narrow it down.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

• 4.  RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-12-2020 20:43
    Thanks Mark & Evan,

I could only find the 9 apps going through the whole alphabet. So  probably didn't lose it.

I have been trying to follow Nancy Conner's book as an outline, updating it with the University classes. 

I tried to contact Nancy Conner, since her book, the only one I could find, was written in 2007.

Bob T.

• 5.  RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-12-2020 21:02
    Quick Base: The Missing Manual. 

I am surprised you were able to find that book. It is a collectors item really. I have a copy on my bookshelf. But now Quick Base has moved all their education to online tutorial videos.

When I was learning, the Office Hour Webinars done by a Kirk Trachy were wonderful.  He is still faithfully doing them.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 6.  RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Posted 10-12-2020 22:17

Hi Mark,

I went and bought the electronic copy of Nancy's book. I know it's 13 years old, but I used it on a FocusMate (first time using) to help organize my work. I figured the outline of subjects would help me.

My dilemna is I am working with an old college friend who became very successful in New Orleans. We went to school at Michigan State. And that was a while back. I have been doing some IT work & then some Covid-19 work as we were both in the Medical Technology program.

Mark K. (CEO of 35 hospitals & clinics in New Orleans) wants me to know everything QB? So I am trying to do it. I started learning some of the apps early this spring & then he has been having me work on finding rapid tests for Covid-19. But now he wants me to know all!

I have seen some of Kirk Trachy's videos, probably in the University class of QuickBase. So I see there are a lot of videos he has on YouTube. I think that will help.

Also, I was curious too, as I keep getting younger every day, 39 as Jack Benny used to say, lol. I think Kirk & I are the same age, so we are both spring chickens!

Warm regards,
    Bob Thomas

On 10/12/2020 9:03 PM, Mark Shnier (YQC) via QuickBase wrote:
    010001751f7c0307-a5bc6ac4-5582-4dcd-a6b1-cc421e04e379-000000@email.amazonses.com">
    Quick Base: The Missing Manual.?? I am surprised you were able to find that book. It is a collectors item really. I have a copy on my bookshelf....
    QuickBase

Getting Started

Post New Message
    Re: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?
    Reply to Thread via Email Reply to Sender
    Oct 12, 2020 9:02 PM
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base: The Missing Manual.??

I am surprised you were able to find that book. It is a collectors item really. I have a copy on my bookshelf. But now Quick Base has moved all their education to online tutorial videos.

When I was learning, the Office Hour Webinars done by a Kirk Trachy were wonderful. ??He is still faithfully doing them.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    ?? Reply to Thread Online ?? View Thread ??

??
    You are receiving this message because you followed the 'How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?' message thread. To unsubscribe from this message thread, go to Unsubscribe.

Update your email preferences to choose the types of email you receive

Unsubscribe from all participation emails

Original Message:
    Sent: 10/12/2020 9:02:00 PM
    Subject: RE: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Quick Base: The Missing Manual. 

When I was learning, the Office Hour Webinars done by a Kirk Trachy were wonderful.  He is still faithfully doing them.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Your Quick Base Coach
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

Original Message:
    Sent: 10-12-2020 20:43
    Subject: How do I unhide an app that I have no idea what it is named?

Thanks Mark & Evan,

I could only find the 9 apps going through the whole alphabet. So  probably didn't lose it.

I have been trying to follow Nancy Conner's book as an outline, updating it with the University classes. 

I tried to contact Nancy Conner, since her book, the only one I could find, was written in 2007.

Bob T.

Original Message:
    Sent: 10-12-2020 10:34

Hi Bob,

Is this an app that you built or were given access to? It is also possible from My Apps to do an advanced search and show only apps you are the app manager for or all apps you have access to. That will give you a list of those apps that meet that criteria. That might help you narrow it down.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base

Original Message:
    Sent: 10-10-2020 22:31

Bob T.