Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Rename columns in a summary report

Posted 04-05-2021 10:54
    I've got a quick one! Is it possible to rename the columns in a summary report?

In table reports I can update the Column properties. I don't see an option to do this in summary reports. Is there some option I've missed? (I tried making formula fields within the summary report, but they're limited to 3 - I'd like to show alternate names for 21 columns in one report.)

------------------------------
    Chyanne

• 2.  RE: Rename columns in a summary report

Posted 04-05-2021 11:22
    This time there is not a way to rename columns in a summary report. The only workaround, (and I know that you won't like this one if you have 21 !!  columns to rename), would be to make a mirror formula which has the same value as the original field but with a different name.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Rename columns in a summary report

Posted 04-05-2021 11:25
    Thank you for the confirmation, Mark! I'll have to consider letting go of my oh-so-useful-to-me naming convention in favor of names that'll work for users.

Chyanne

• 4.  RE: Rename columns in a summary report

Posted 01-15-2023 14:29
    If you decide to rename an existing field label, would the change impact reports or forms where the field is located, or it the update be applied without a problem?

Renee Williams

• 5.  RE: Rename columns in a summary report

Posted 01-15-2023 17:07
    No problem for reports or forms. But if you are using pipelines, you need to check if it's ok there.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com