Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Basic Help With Formula

Posted 03-10-2021 14:22
      |   view attached
    2 BASIC questions for my rich text formula field & I'll attach a screenshot...

1. I have 3 different ideas here, and each idea has 1 city on it right now.  But I'd like to add a bunch of cities to each "If."  How do I add multiple ones?  Like next to "Roselle" I would like to add "Chicago," can I just make a long list somehow in the same "If"?

2. (SUPER basic I know)  How can I make the font in bigger, bold, and/or change color??  Sorry, I don't know the code yet or know where to reference it.

THANK YOU!

------------------------------
    Michael Brumfield

• 2.  RE: Basic Help With Formula

Posted 03-10-2021 14:29
    Ok, do please please don't build a giant IF.

Instead, set up a table of cities.  Set the Key field to be the name of the city.

Then have a field that that gives the Territory name like North or South or Either.

Then in the details table make a field called City with a formula of [address: city] - the city part of your address field.  Make a relationship with that back to Cities and then lookup the Territory.  That way you will add city and edit the Territories in a table and not in an IF statement.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Basic Help With Formula

Posted 03-10-2021 14:33
    There is a setting at the User level where you click on your name at the top right which allows you to set the spacing and the font size a bit.  My Preferences and then UI spacing.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com