Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Dashboard Help

Posted 11-13-2020 16:52
    I have a table that has several supervisors and each of those supervisors has employees. The dashboard is set up to view that table and a few reports off that table. The supervisors are set up as users in the quickbase with the role that uses that as it's main dashboard. How do I get the dashboard to only show the employees of the supervisor that is logged in? The supervisor cannot see the other employees in the table only their own.

------------------------------
    Katherine Park

• 2.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-13-2020 17:26
    If the records that are being shown on any report (including reports used on the dashboard) have a field for the UserID of the supervisor then the reports can be filtered to only show employees where the supervisor is the current user.

However that is not true security. If you really want proper security and there is an ironclad rule that supervisors may only see their own employees, then you want to control all this through Role permissions. 

You would set up a role called supervisors can only see their own employees and put in a custom rule that says that the supervisors are allowed to view and perhaps allowed to modify employees where the supervisor user ID is the current user. 

If you do that then you do not have to worry about filtering any reports because the Role Permissions will take care of that for you. With Role permissions,  users in those permissions just live in a smaller world than unrestricted Users.  They don't see what they don't see and they won't know what it is that they're not seeing.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-16-2020 16:42
    I have a team lead role. The user name is in the table as the team lead unique ID. I have a custom rule for the role. What am I doing wrong?

You would set up a role called 
    supervisors can only see their own employees and put in a custom rule that says that the supervisors are allowed to view and perhaps allowed to modify employees where the supervisor user ID is the current user. 

Katherine Park

• 4.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-16-2020 16:59
    Do you have a userid field type.  What field type is TL ID.  If it is a user field then it should offer you up the choice to filter on current user (as a drop down choice), but if  not you can make a formula user field called [Current User] with a formula of 

User()

and filter on that.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-16-2020 17:06
    AHHHH ok so the type of field needs to be a userid field. The TL ID is their user ID. But I think the field type is something else. I will go look at that!

Katherine Park

• 6.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-16-2020 17:10
    When I changed the field to a User type field (it was text) it made the Id's in quotations "A123456" Is that what it is supposed to do?

Katherine Park

• 7.  RE: Dashboard Help

Posted 11-16-2020 18:11
    I GOT IT! THANK YOU!

Katherine Park