Getting Started

View Only
  • 1.  Limit URL field to specific Sites? Possible?

Posted 03-24-2021 16:38
      |   view attached
    Hey Community,

We are using Quickbase to to manage larger customer projects in our true CRM, which is Salesforce. I created a hyperlink field in Quickbase so our users and quickly jump from Program to program. 

I want to try and make a rule in Quickbase so that only Salesforce URLs can be used in this field and they can't throw anything into that spot like google or yelp or w/e.  

Any suggestions on how to make this rule in my app?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Jack Woods

• 2.  RE: Limit URL field to specific Sites? Possible?

Posted 03-26-2021 09:14
    Hi Jack:

A couple of things come to mind.

1. In each table you can add "Custom Data Rule" (from the table click "Settings" and then "Advanced settings") that when a field is updated and it either contains other urls or does not contain a salesforce URL that it will prevent the manual editing of the form.
    2. Another option if you are running a pipeline or some other API process is to set up a pipeline and should anyone add something that doesn't contain salesforce, have the pipeline edit that field and remove the link.

We cover things like this in our daily, open Q&A webinars, "Office Hours" held M-F at 1pm Eastern.  https://quickbase.com/webinars/

Kirk Trachy , Senior Solutions Consultant
    QuickBase | 603-674-5454 M | ktrachy@quickbase.com

• 3.  RE: Limit URL field to specific Sites? Possible?

Posted 03-29-2021 09:44
    Got you - I forgot about the table rules

I wrote the quick formula below - how do I make the formula rule not do anything if true? Or do I need to format this in another way? Thank you.

If(Contains([Salesforce Project Link], "Salesforce"),"N/A", "Please Use a True Salesforce Project Link")

Jack Woods

• 4.  RE: Limit URL field to specific Sites? Possible?

Posted 03-29-2021 09:47
    Edited by Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach) 03-29-2021 09:51
    Custom Data Rules will block the save if the message results in anything besides null.  So you cannot have the result be "N/A" as that will block the save.

So this is what you want.

If(not Contains([Salesforce Project Link], "Salesforce"), "Please Use a True Salesforce Project Link")

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

• 5.  RE: Limit URL field to specific Sites? Possible?

Posted 03-29-2021 10:52
    thank you - I was trying "Does Not Contain" and "NoContain"

this one worked

Jack Woods