Quick Base Announcements

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Mohit Chawla

Mohit Chawla08-18-2019 16:30

• 1.  August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-12-2019 17:51
    Edited by Evan Martinez 09-19-2019 13:37
    As many of you have seen in your inboxes, we announced today that we acquired Cloudpipes, a leading cloud-based integration and software platform. This is a huge step towards our vision of delivering an enterprise-grade integration platform inside of Quick Base. We are working on getting this combined platform to the market as soon as possible, and will keep you all updated.

Read more about this announcement, and sign up to stay in the know, from our CTPO Jay Jamison.

Through all of your feedback on and hunger for power integrations and workflow automations we knew that this was the next step to giving our customers exactly what you all need to be successful and power your teams and your businesses.

This community is a key stakeholder in the decisions we make on how to better our product every day. This is another step in that direction, and we want to give you all the chance to ask the questions that you have!

AMA Details

We will be holding an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Chief Product and Technology Officer Jay Jamison on Tuesday August 27 from 2-3 pm EST to answer any and all questions you may have about the acquisition and the future of the product. You can start submitting your questions here in this Community thread between now and the event.

Then Jay will be in this community thread live to tackle them on Tuesday August 27!

• 2.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-13-2019 17:55
    What will be the process to get new connections/channels/services added? 

• 3.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:10

Hi everybody--I'm thrilled to do this second AMA!  It is all the more exciting now that we are doing this on our new Community platform.  We hope that this is a useful and engaging site for folks. 

As to the process on adding new connections/channels/services, I think I'd say that we are at the beginning of a journey here.   

In the most immediate term, we are working to ship what we see as high priority, high impact connectors and channels to our customers within the Quick Base product.  We are working through exactly which connectors are in this base currently.  From that priority base, we will then start working down the list of additional connectors and services that are currently within the Cloudpipes connector set.  

In time, longer-term, we absolutely want to deliver a world where partners and customers can build new connectors or services that can be picked up by the rest of the community.  But that is going to be a ways away timeline not yet set.  

------------------------------
    Jay Jamison

• 4.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-13-2019 18:38
    I'm pretty excited about the new merger between QB and Cloudpipes.  My questions is on the same lines as Kat's.  What is the timeline and process with regards to Cloudpipes?

• 5.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:13

Just to add re timeline... 

We would likely have some Early Access capabilities for some customers late this year.  General Availability would be following that.  

Per my other answer, the specific connectors and capabilities available in the Early Access are still getting finalized. 

To learn more or to register interest to participate in our Early Access program, please visit this site: https://www.quickbase.com/cloudpipes-announcement

Jay Jamison

• 6.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-14-2019 18:37
    Can you speak to what this means for people using existing third party integrations platforms? And/or to the QSPs who sell those? Or is this a different direction than that?

• 7.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:19
    Sure thing, great question! 

At the highest level, we are a customer obsessed organization, and we are focused on helping customers solve problems in whatever way is most useful for them.  I'd also say that we recognize that the integration landscape is a vibrant and diverse one.  

What that means in relation to your question is that we will continue to support customers and partners who have third party integration platforms.  For example, we have hundreds of happy customers who are using Quick Base and Workato, and our position is that we want to continue for those customers to be happy with that stack.  Same with customers who may be using Zapier or other third party integration tools from QSPs or others.   We expect that we will need to continue to support those efforts and partnerships. 

But at the same time, to be realistic, we see a ton of potential and opportunity in having an integration between the core Quick Base app development capabilities and the new integration capabilities we see in Cloudpipes.  So we expect to invest heavily here and over time, we'd think that the vast bulk of usage around Quick Base and various no code integratoin points would be coming via the Quick Base/Cloudpipes stack.

Jay Jamison

• 8.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-16-2019 16:11
    Good morning! What is the time zone for the meeting time?

• 9.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-16-2019 16:18
    Hi Jon,

Sorry about that, the time zone will be Eastern Standard Time

• 10.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-18-2019 16:30
    Does it come with an extra cost?

• 11.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:30
    While we are still working out the details, and we'll share more later this year, I would be happy to share some early directional thinking.  And we'd be happy to get your input, so please let us know your thoughts!

At a high level, we see the capability that Cloudpipes will make available is going to create all sorts of new potential for customers.  We want to find a path to let anyone have the ability to see and use these capabilities to explore and test out how this capability set will solve problems for them at no additional charge. 

At the same time, I expect that for many integrations that as production usage scales, we would seek a fair price.

Jay Jamison

• 12.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 13:38
    Edited by Evan Martinez 08-27-2019 13:41
    How long before we can start to demo/see what Cloudpipes is going to be like in Quick Base?

Owen 

• 13.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:31
    October-ish  ... We'll plan to host something here, in the Quick Base Community, to show off the Quick Base Cloudpipes integration.

Jay Jamison

• 14.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 13:41
    Will the main initial focus be additional native Sync Table connections or will it be more "transactional" like Workato.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 15.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:32
    The second one! :)

Jay Jamison

• 16.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:00
    Will we be able to interact with any service/API or only those where there is an existing connection/channel?

Forrest Parker

• 17.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:34
    For those who want to use Cloudpipes and its 'no code' manner of automating workflows and integrations, only those with which we have a connection will work. 

In addition, we also announced that we are modernizing our API stack.  This will give a modern JSON-based fully RESTful API set, which will provide an alternative means to drive integrations with other systems.

Jay Jamison

• 18.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:39
    will the new API stack be available for early access?

Keith Jusas

• 19.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:43
    We'll have API stack available for early access in the next 60 days!

Gevorg Hovsepyan

• 20.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:07
    I am not familiar with Cloud Pipes and was not able to find much information about the service. Can you provide a few specific examples of how the Cloud Pipes integration will be useful for Quick Base builders?

Thanks,

Adam Keever

• 21.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:44
    Hey Adam.  You bet.  (we definitely need to get you signed up for our October demo / webinar.) 

In its simplest form, what Cloudpipes offers is a broad set of channels / connectors to 3rd party systems and a workflow designer.  This enables a user to then compose in a drag-n-drop experience, a kind of "if this then that," type of workflow and triggers to get work done across systems.  The opportunities and potential here is pretty much endless, but here are a few illustrative use cases that you could imagine this enabling... 

Use Case 1: Use Quick Base and Cloudpipes to setup an integration with Quick Base apps and Slack.  So when something occurs in Quick Base, this triggers something on Slack that informs people of something happening.  

Use Case 2: Using Quick Base and Cloudpipes, a company with a range of different SaaS tools--marketing automation, CRM, financial--can use the Cloudpipes integration capabilities to trigger actions occurring in one app to then lead to actions in another app.  

The basic idea is to use Cloudpipes to vastly streamline and simplify the connection between Quick Base and other third party applications--both those that are SaaS tools, collab platforms (like Slack) or on prem systems (such as an on prem database like SQL or SAP).

Jay Jamison

• 22.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:45
    Here's more info on Cloudpipes: https://www.quickbase.com/blog/introducing-the-strategic-enterprise-platform-for-tomorrow

Jay Jamison

• 23.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:47
    Is the Cloudpipes experience eventually going to replace Automations, QBActions and Webhooks; or be an additional methodology for implementing automations?

Laura Thacker (IDS)
    laura@intelligentdbs.com
    (626) 771 0454

• 24.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 08-27-2019 14:52
    Short-term there is no impact to customers already using Automations, Sync, and Actions. 

Over time, our vision would be to bring a platform grade no code integration capability that can replace those features.  Additionally, our vision includes a powerful and modern API set for developers.  Together, we see these as foundational building blocks to Quick Base being able to unlock and deliver on the potential our customers see and expect.

Jay Jamison

• 25.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 10-18-2019 00:04
    This is great. I got hear from success manager recently and excited to know more and how existing customers can make most of cloudpipes and Quickbase to connect to other platforms/application. 

While this is still in-progress, I would like to check if this integration platform would be supporting below applications. These are mostly in the legal review space.

eDiscovery tools - Litigation and Investimation

Relativity

Ringtail

Catalyst

CS Disco

Contracts Review and management.

Kira

Coupa

contract standards

Cobblsetone

Ariba

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Babi Panjikar

• 26.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 10-18-2019 17:58
    Great question Babi! Currently, we are not planning to support native integration with the listed platforms. That said we do plan to deliver generic webhook capability that should allow you to integrate Quick Base with your cloud systems that do not have native integration. 

I encourage you to submit a user voice feedback for the platforms you listed (https://quickbase.uservoice.com/). Let me know if you'd like to chat about the specific use cases you have!

Cheers!

Gevorg Hovsepyan
    Senior Product Manager
    Quick Base, Inc.
    Cambridge MA

• 27.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 10-22-2019 07:42
    Hi Gev,

I will be happy to get around with a use case specific to one application in each area, Quickbase and Relativity + Quickbase and Kira.

Let me know how you want to take this forward.

Cheers,
    Babi

Babi Panjikar

• 28.  RE: August 27th 2PM EST-Ask Me Anything-Cloudpipes, Automation, and Integration with Jay Jamison

Posted 01-30-2020 17:47
    Babi,

Any news on a Quick Base / Relativity integration?

Alex Molochko