Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Embedded grid-edit report displays columns that are not requested

Posted 03-20-2017 17:29
    I have an application in which one table is a child to two
    different parent tables.  I have linked the three tables accordingly and embedded a grid-edit report with just three fields from the child table into the custom forms of both parent tables.  I?m now trying to expand the grid-edit report to display a few more fields from the child table.  When I do this, the new fields are displayed but there are additional fields displayed which I have not requested and do not want to appear.  I have tried to fix this two different ways:

?        Initially, I tried specifying custom columns in the ?Columns to display? option for the grid-edit report.

?        Next, I made the desired fields the default columns for the child table and selected default columns in the ?Columns to display? option for the grid-edit report.

In both cases the same additional fields display in the embedded report on the forms.  Is this a known issue and is there any way to force the QuickBase to not display these fields?

Any advice is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Embedded grid-edit report displays columns that are not requested

Posted 03-20-2017 17:34
    The fields that are showing are most likely fields that determine a conditional relationship with one or more of the fields in your grid edit report. If that is the case, no, there is not a way to prevent this. 

• 3.  RE: Embedded grid-edit report displays columns that are not requested

Posted 03-20-2017 18:43
    OK, that's helpful.  It's possible that the conditional relationships are not needed so I'll see if I can approach it that way.