Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Save and Keep Working Button that works despite required fields

Posted 01-16-2018 19:55

I have a survey type app and want to give the survey participants the ability to save their work and continue working on the form. However, I also have required fields and also want to make sure that they fill out all necessary fields before they "save and close" the form. Is there a way to create a "Save and Keep Working" button that will allow save them to save their work despite required fields?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2.  RE: Save and Keep Working Button that works despite required fields

Posted 01-16-2018 19:59
    Hi Luke - in the past I've created a checkbox that says 'Ready for submission' and through a form rule the fields only become required after that field is checked. 

Via a text formula the record could have a 'in progress' status that would be marked as 'submitted' only after that checkbox is checked.

• 3.  RE: Save and Keep Working Button that works despite required fields

Posted 01-16-2018 21:25

Thanks for your suggestion. I am a little concerned that with this method, the participant would be able to "save and close" the form without it being completed if they missed the checkbox. Was this ever encountered when you used this method? Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: Save and Keep Working Button that works despite required fields

Posted 01-16-2018 21:28
    Luke, you could set up an instant email Notification if they save without Submitting and also a daily email Subscription report of "My Unsubmitted Surveys" to haunt them until they Submit.  Each can have lots of instruction as to what they need to do.