Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Button to send subscription

• 1.  Button to send subscription

Posted 07-05-2018 19:31
    Since Quick Base natively doesn't  allow to send subscriptions at a specified time period, I tried create a URL button that sends out notification only when it is clicked on. The code for the button is URLRoot() & "db/bnhq7nc5j" & "?a=SendSubscription&ID=XX"

However, I noticed that this works only when the subscription is activated. Well, if I keep the subscription active it will automatically trigger at a particular timeframe and I do not want that to happen. 

Are there any alternative solutions to this? I want to trigger a notification (which is basically a report) to multiple users at a particular time only. I do not mind doing this using the native functionality available or some coding logic. And also i do not want to plug this button at a record level, I want to create this button on the homepage

Feel free to propose any suggestions. Thanks ,

• 2.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-05-2018 19:35
    Put a filter on the report where today is not Sunday. 

dayofweek(today())<>6

Then set up the subscription to be active and run every Sunday. it will be blank and hence will not be sent.

• 3.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-05-2018 23:08
    the other issue I am facing with this is - firstly only the owner of the subscription can send those out. In addition only admins can be owners. Any suggestions?

• 4.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-06-2018 00:16
    Can you tell me why you feel those statements are true?

• 5.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-05-2018 19:44
    didnt think it would be so simple. Thanks.

To that point, do you know if there is a way we could have multiple recipients in the To and have CC as well instead of sending out individual emails?

• 6.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-06-2018 00:21
    Each recipient will receive the subscription report email as a TO. There is not a way to indicate who else received the email.

• 7.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 08-07-2018 15:29
    Do you happen to know know the best way to add in authentication to this call? When an Admin presses the button, it goes off, but when a user with limited permissions hits it it says " you can only send your own subscription" and does not fire. I've added in the app token, but I'm thinking it needs an additional API authentication - any suggestions? Thanks!

• 8.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 08-07-2018 15:31
    Perhaps try adding in a user token?

• 9.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 08-07-2018 16:29
    Sadly, no. Does this call (SendSubscription) work in Webhooks? I have a timestamp action I can use to trigger the webhook if so....

• 10.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 08-07-2018 17:52
    I do not see an API for SendSubscription, so I doubt that will work, but I did not test it.

• 11.  RE: Button to send subscription

Posted 07-31-2018 21:23
    Guys, this all works so perfectly! Thank you both!