Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

In a Form, can Tabs be contained inside of a Section heading? So that the lower Sections are still visible when you change tabs?

• 1.  In a Form, can Tabs be contained inside of a Section heading? So that the lower Sections are still visible when you change tabs?

Posted 11-01-2018 16:18
    on a Form, is there a way to have Tabs contained inside of a Section headings? so that the lower Sections are still visible when you change tabs?

Currently when ever I create a Tab, everything below it is contained in that tab until I add a another Tab.

How do I add a Section that is outside of a tab that is above it?

I would like to have Different Sections that contained their won tabs. Is this possible?

• 2.  RE: In a Form, can Tabs be contained inside of a Section heading? So that the lower Sections are still visible when you change tabs?

Posted 11-01-2018 21:59
    Based on the documentation I've read Tabs can have Sections, but Sections cannot have Tabs.

Tabs are in essence the 'parent' container. 

There may be non-native ways of achieving what you are looking for. You may have come across this older post before tabs were released: https://community.quickbase.com/quickbase/topics/how-to-create-tabs-in-a-form-for-better-navigation

-Sharon

• 3.  RE: In a Form, can Tabs be contained inside of a Section heading? So that the lower Sections are still visible when you change tabs?

Posted 11-04-2018 04:00
    Thanks Sharon,
     I will into thins and see if I can do a redesign where this is not needed.  Else look at the possibility of implementing the older Solution.