Discussions

Expand all | Collapse all

Removing HTML tags

• 1.  Removing HTML tags

Posted 09-25-2017 23:35
    I imported an Excel spreadsheet into a table. 
    The table contains a note field. The text was imported with HTML tags as follows:
    10/17/16 EC follow up email from Kevin as follows......<br /> Ed, we look forward to your presentation.  Attending will for sure by Jay Wocelka ? Director of Retail Sales, Cary Trost ? Director or Wholesale Sales, and myself ? Division Manager/ Consumer Marketing.   We may have additional attendees depending on schedules and availability.   We look forward to meeting you on  November 15th.  Have a great day. Kevin<br /><br />10/17/16 EC Email from Kevin 

The above note field should look like this:

10/17/16 EC follow up email from Kevin as follows...... Ed, we look forward to your presentation.  Attending will for sure by Jay Wocelka ? Director of Retail Sales, Cary Trost ? Director or Wholesale Sales, and myself ? Division Manager/ Consumer Marketing.   We may have additional attendees depending on schedules and availability.   We look forward to meeting you on  November 15th.  Have a great day. Kevin
    10/17/16 EC Email from Kevin 

• 2.  RE: Removing HTML tags

Bronze
    Contributor
    Posted 09-26-2017 13:00
    You may want to try and remove it at the excel level before importing. Might find some macro/vba scripts for excel to do this for you
    https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/639/Removing-HTML-from-the-text-in-ASP

• 3.  RE: Removing HTML tags

Posted 09-26-2017 13:16
    Thanks Chuck. I'm going to remove them at the Excel level and re-import since there is no way to do it within QuickBase.