Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Activity Log

Posted 03-12-2017 23:41
    Is there a native way to fin d out who downloaded what report? If not, is there a way I can set this up?  

• 2.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 02:33
    Natively, No.

Non-native.  You can disable the option to save as a spreadsheet, and then make it a button, that button will create the CSV and it will also log who and when it was created via a log table and a js page.

• 3.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 02:50
    Thanks.  It is not just the spreadsheet, indeed, any activity relating to  printing PDF etc will need to be monitored./  So not too sure this can be done.  

• 4.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 03:18
    Yeah, keeping track of browser actions is not a QuickBase thing, but would need to be an IT controller placed on your employee's computers.

This sounds like you might be worried about some security issues with your data walking away on you.

If you are, you can randomize a lot of the details that display on those reports for specific users.

For example, obscure all of the identifying information like name and address from any forms or reports.  And use a unique ID formula field to have your team work with.

Just some ideas.

• 5.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 03:22
    Yes, if someone quits and have notice period to serve and goes to a competitor, we simply cannot ensure how to restrict one person occupying a role.  But ID formula is one option but this will be quite inconvenient for a larger application like mine.  

• 6.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 11:37
    I think that you either trust an employee or you don't. If you don't, ( "you" meaning the manangement team responsibility the that employee, then you have an obligation to remove their access to sensitive computer systems. That may mean that they cannot do certain aspects of their job during their notice period. If so, too bad. Then the organization will need to decide if they should be asked to work their notice period or if they should be asked to go home and be paid for not working.

• 7.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 03-13-2017 20:38
    Thanks Mark.  In larger organisations, there is an element of transition and handing over. If we were to do that we will end up paying notice period to every employee.  By the way, the support has just confirmed  that there is no option to have activity logs.  I have added this to a long list of things that cannot be done natively.  

• 8.  RE: Activity Log

Posted 06-26-2019 13:29
    Sensitive information that you dont want emailed, saved as CSV or printed should be kept as a table in a related app.  In your main app, you can link to the table, and using roles remove the UI More> options of Saving as a CSV, Printing and emailing.  You would need to decide if this restriction is applied to most workers, or only those on probation.