Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  send notification for overdue task

Posted 03-22-2017 02:59
    I am sure a similar question has been asked several times with different scenarios.  I understand there is no native solution, but is there an alternative way which could dirty the record and I could use that to issue a notification to the person nominated?  

• 2.  RE: send notification for overdue task

Posted 03-22-2017 03:05
    most task "Due dates" are a single day.  You are aware that quickbase can't send out a single notification when a "due date" come up.
    but..
    you can make a report that shows only "Today's" due tasks, and have that sent our every morning via a subscription.

In addition, if your tasks are set up properly, you can make a personalized report for people's dashboard that only shows their assigned and active tasks (possibly sorted by due date for example)

• 3.  RE: send notification for overdue task

Posted 03-22-2017 03:45
    Thanks Matt. So if I were to create a field like this:

Reminder Date: If(ToDate([Projected Finish Date])> Today() + Days (7), Today()
    )

And if I add this to a report where it is greater than today's date, this should work for each nominated user. (I do have a current user field that would pick up the assigned to)?  

• 4.  RE: send notification for overdue task

Posted 03-22-2017 04:11
    You can do it that way, or when you build your report just have it filter for tasks that are due
    "on or after today"
    AND
    "on or before 7 days in the future"

That will show you everything for the next week, and you can send that out every Monday. (or every day if you'd like)

• 5.  RE: send notification for overdue task

Posted 03-22-2017 04:13
    Thanks I got the report and subscription.  Now need to test it.  So added myself for one of the task due tomorrow.  Hopefully it works.  Appreciate your help.